[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hormones and feeling like the opposite sex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1467681559624802188845.jpg (503KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1467681559624802188845.jpg
503KB, 4160x3120px
My girlfriend told me, in all honesty, she is feeling more like a he. I have no problems with that but something came to my mind:
She is taking Contraceptive injections as a birth control method, these injections contain progesteron, high progesteron levels make you want to do nothing all day, can cause problems with sleeping and food cravings, elevated progesteron levels also cause lowered estrogen levels wich in turn could cause a bad mood (or depression?).
She has all these 'symptoms' so could it be that because she is taking those injections she is feeling less like a girl? I don't have anything against trans people but i was just wondering because this is the only logical reason i can think off.

(Crosspost from LGBT but i thought it would be good to get both opinions on this subject)
>>
>>8183768
lol you'll be fuckin a dude
>>
Gender dysphoria is a mental illness. Hope they will finda a cure soon.
>>
Hormones will fuck with you. Just use condoms FFS. I doubt she will get to the point of being truly transexual, but if she is not liking the effects, get her off of it.

To completely predict the effects hormone treatments will have is almost impossible, not even counting the placebo effects. All we have are statistics and risk factors. Changes in sex drive are well known. The details of that change are unpredictable.
>>
>>8183768
Gender dysphoria is a result of hormones influencing brain development prenatally. Hormones taken after birth can't cause dysphoria. Maybe they can put someone in a state of mind that allows for repressed feelings to bubble to the surface.
>>
>>8183768
>8183768

isn't it obvious those injections are fucking with her brain?

why not just use a rubber, stupid?
>>
>>8185054
A "cure" would require restructuring the entire brain. That likely will never be commercially available. It's likely never gonna happen that brain restructuring will be cheaper, more convenient, or more effective than transitioning.

Maybe we'll be able one day to prescreen fetuses and small children. Maybe there's something we will be able to
do to cure dysphoria in those groups.

Also, it is explicitly said to not be a mental illness in the DSM.
>>
Your girlfriend reads tumblr too muh. That's the case
>>
>>8183768
How long has she felt this way?
>>
>>8187239
Have you ever gone bareback?
Wearing the glove just can't compare
>>
>>8183768
Better dump her before you have to start telling people you're gay
>>
>>8187476
No, last Time I had sex was almost 7 years ago
>>
>>8183768
>mental illness. Hope they will finda a cure soon.
Has psychiatry ever "found a cure" for any mental illness?
>>
>>8187511
Wait 50 years. Claim it was never a disease in the first place.

About as close as it gets since labotomies went out of fashion.
>>
>>8187808
>labotomies went out of fashion
never happened, they come in easy pill form now
>>
>>8183768
>My girlfriend told me, in all honesty, she is feeling more like a he.
Shes crazy dump her.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.