[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LHC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (46KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 960x653px
What's gonna happen at CERN? Are the worries of a black hole forming or the world exploding valid? general knowledge will be appreciated
>>
>>8182075
>What's gonna happen at CERN?

Protons are gonna get smashed together.

>Are the worries of a black hole forming or the world exploding valid?

No
>>
>>8182075
>What's gonna happen at CERN?

Particles are going to be accelerating

Are the worries of a black hole forming or the world exploding valid?

No.
>>
>>8182088
Why not?
>>
>>8182075
Right now? They're going to announce a new family of particles, tetraquarks and pentaquarks.
>>
>>8182090
The black holes that can format are
>incredibly small (microscopic Schwartzchild radius)
>evaporate in fractions of milliseconds

They are not big enough nor last long enough to do anything besides be observed.
>>
> are the worries of a black hole forming valid?

In this case the black holes would collapse in milliseconds after vaccuming up negative mass particles from the collisions within the accelerator ( correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding of the situation )
>>
>>8182111
Tetra? As in four? How does that work with colour confinement theory in QCD?
>>
>>8182255
There are ways to end up with a color-neutral system of quarks with 2+ quarks. It's not so simple as "one of each color". An example two-quark system is red and anti-red.
>>
http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/lhcb-discovers-family-of-tetraquarks
>>
>>8182075
>are the worries of a black hole forming or the world exploding valid?
where have you been the past few years?
>>
>>8182129

Why can't they continue to accumulate mass?
>>
>>8182970
Hawking radiation. Micro-black holes simply emit quicker than they consume.
>>
File: what.png (202KB, 293x279px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
202KB, 293x279px
>>8182075
lmao did you take a time machine from 2007 to 2016 or something OP?

this was debunked for how retarded it was in like 2007. like holy shit I remember freaking out about it when I was literally like 12 and I'm 21 now.
>>
File: singu.jpg (40KB, 673x307px) Image search: [Google]
singu.jpg
40KB, 673x307px
>>8182075
Yes, because of Brexit. A black hole will form when they can't afford the electricity needed to contain it.

Thing is, they can never shut it down now because once they do it will get out and fall through the earth, eating all the material it encounters.
>>
>>8182262
ah right, like red antired blue antiblue or something?
>>
>>8183014
I remember my loopy stepdad was like "spore is coming out in the same day that the LHC will be activated, draw your own conclusions"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.