[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever make stupid, careless mistakes on tests? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: gorilla_1371554788.jpg (116KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla_1371554788.jpg
116KB, 600x452px
Do you guys ever make stupid, careless mistakes on tests? What are some retard tier mistakes you've made under pressure?

>get to end of problem
>sqrt(6x) - 4sqrt(6x) - 3sqrt(6x)
>subtract the 3rt(x) from 4rt(x) first cause it sounds easier

>problem involving rate of change of a ball falling between 3 sec and 5 sec
>find function, but calculate rate of change as [f(5) - f(3)] / (5 - 3)
>rest of problem depends on this, get it wrong
>>
>>8181988
I didn't write in my proof why one term could divide another and lost 15 points on my test.

If it wasn't for omitting that line, I would have had a 98
>>
>>8181993
Your teacher sounds like a Jew.
>>
One time while integrating using trig substitution in a test, I put that 3(3/3) was 1/3, the whole exercise was good except for the 1/3, luckily I only lost 5 points
>>
>>8181988
no
I went to an elite system where being slow or making dumb mistakes automatically disqualifies you.
>>
>>8181997
Not one that guy, but one time I made a holocaust joke in front of my jewish professor.

Yep. We all make stupid mistakes sometimes.
>>
>>8181988
sin(1) = 1
>>
>>8181988
I forgot to square the wavefunction once on a quiz.
>>
>>8181997
I skipped a month of classes and yolod the test.

I told all my professors I was sick but I couldn't go to the doctors because no health insurance. He was the only one that was offended by me not coming.

He said something along the lines of not making up excuses and to not come if I didn't want to.

Anyways, pretty sure he did it out of spite because prior to that, we never once adressed it in class. It was always assumed that the property held
>>
>>8181988
>(-2)^2=4
>head itching
>scratch it
>ah, where was I?
>Right, 4. Now square it
>Write down 16
>>
>>8184330
Doing this with differentiation is a bitch.
>>
Incorrectly factored a number on an algebra test. I forget what it was, but it was one of those "prove a group of order whatever has no simple subgroups" questions where you do a counting argument with the numbers of elements in the subgroups.
>>
36/4=6
>>
forgot to write the maximums and minimums of a sinusoidal graph and ended up with 90% instead of 100% feelsbadman
>>
>solving differential equation for movement
>integrate sqrt(w)dw instead of dw/sqrt(w)
>continue vomiting equations over the next several pages because lol polynomials containing the integrated value
>the actual solution takes 2 lines after integration
I'm mostly disappointed in not noticing a run of the mill problem being an order of magnitude lengthier than the rest.
>>
>Circuits I test
>See a wild integrating op-amp
>State what it is
>Carefully plot derivative of input signal
>Lose all points on question
>MFW
>>
delta equals final minus initial
>>
>>8187215
reminds me of the time on my ode test where we had to integrate cos^2(x)/sin(x) and i didn't think to use sin^2 + cos^2 = 1
>>
Yes.

I got 10/15 points on a test question because I used a "Kramer rule" matrix instead of the Gauss Jordan method to calculate the right branch's current of a "difficult circuit." I got the right answer though, but I fucked around to get it.

She even told us a story how she got "merit points" for using an alternate method to solve a cross product. Fuck her.
>>
File: 20160707_005602.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160707_005602.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8188926
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.