[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a simple question (simple for you who know math). How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I have a simple question (simple for you who know math).

How do I calculate how many relatives I would have if:

all descendant of the first, including himself (let's call him adam) had 3 kids each, and each of these had 3 kids too, and so on...

10 generations back
>>
>>8179095
3^10+1. Or am I stupid ?
>>
>>8179101
I think that's the last generation, and off by one, so, 3^9 + 3^8 + ... + 3^0.
>>
File: 1403395295931.gif (2MB, 381x216px) Image search: [Google]
1403395295931.gif
2MB, 381x216px
>>8179095
>The Nobel Prize is a set of annual international awards bestowed in a number of categories by Swedish and Norwegian committees in recognition of academic, cultural and/or scientific advances.
>Swedish and Norwegian committees

that explains the map
>>
>>8179108
So.. how do I calculate this? I know, the question is probably stupid, but I just want to know how I'd check this on my calculator.

>>8179110
Yes, it's funny.
>>
>>8179095
Damn, the middle east doing great with their scientific progress. Just one year after the caliphate of europe is founded and they are already literally beating everyone else in science.

The toughest question is why the caliphate of north america is not doing as well as their european counterparts?
>>
>>8179121
88573. Your welcome.
>>
>>8179121
you just plug that into your calculator faggot
>>
>>8179110
They don't nominate people out of the blue. They ask working scientists and universities. And guess who has most influence among these? Circlejerking American universities.
>>
>>8179144
>>8179146
Thanks, relative of mine.

Holy fuck we're all related. Have a good evening, guys.
>>
>>8179173
np bro
>>
>>8179144
>88573
I just wanted to say "Hi!" to cleo.
>>
>>8179121
Man I wish there existed some notation for summing numbers and that calculators for such nation could be easily accessed online.
>>
>>8179095
It depends. For example in a family as inbred as yours, the exact value would be exponentially smaller than what you would expect.
>>
>>8180541
That's true of every family tree. If you had no repeats in your family tree you'd only have to go back like 33 generations to reach 10 billion.
>>
>>8179095
Exponents anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.