[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creativity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: datboi.jpg (56KB, 680x503px) Image search: [Google]
datboi.jpg
56KB, 680x503px
Hello /sci/! I am working on a research paper regarding creativity an artists compared to scientists for uni. Would anyone care to answer these questions? Much obliged for your insight! :)

Who in your life has inspired you & why?

What advice would you give others to become more creative?

How important is education to creativity?

How do you deal with creative blocks?

When did you first become creative?

Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?
>>
>>8167489
>Who in your life has inspired you & why?
Nyx, because she's best pony
>What advice would you give others to become more creative?
Watch more cartoons, like anime.
>How important is education to creativity?
Very.
>How do you deal with creative blocks?
I watch lots of anime.
>When did you first become creative?
After I learned about Japan and anime from anime.
>Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through?
Yes.
>How did you develop that process?
Well, since I'm an engineer, I often have very hard home assignments to solve, like triple integrals, so naturally, over time, I developed this process, where I'd start on the problem, working as hard as I could, until I saw no more paths of attack, then I'd take a break, watch some anime or MLP, maybe jack off a bit (traps are based), and then I'd go back at it with new fervor and ideas this time.
>>
>>8167489
Nobody,I have obsessive personality traits that moved my interest form one field to the next only to end up in a specific one.

Have your bills paid and have people around that that really love you.
I cant stress this enough.

Education only goes so far so is creativity.
Both must be done side by side

I go and do something else for a while

~22

>Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?
I dont want to answer this
>>
Who in your life has inspired you & why?

>Dj Qbert - hes a strong believer that creativity is something everyone can tap into.

What advice would you give others to become more creative?

>Dont be closed minded and quick to judge.

How important is education to creativity?

>Very, the amount of ideas i produce closely correlate with mathematics, The more i practice the easier it is for me to come up with a new concept.

How do you deal with creative blocks?

>Ill take a break and do something unrelated.The break in repetition helps.

When did you first become creative?

>My mother is an artist, so ive always have been comfortable being creative.

Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?

>I write graffiti, so usually the rush gets me going, but i believe the adrenaline helps. Theres something about the freedom of a big surface that im attracted to and continue despite consequences.
>Pic related
>>
Adolf Hitler. Because he was a super orator and mass manipulator/brainwasher.

Do things your way and just take time for yourself one day and think about stuff. Meaningfull stuff sutch as solving obstacles in life is a great simple example.

Education is a thing you are thought creativity is how original your brain is. But if you want to be original in a certain way you must reaserch stuff to aquire informatino about it.

Do things wich are easy to do such as relaxing activities. If a block occurs it disapears after that.

When you become courious about evrything.

>Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?
Nope
>>
>>8167489
Everyone I've met in one way or another. The why would be a case-to-case explanation.
Never say you can't do something, that's the first big obstacle. From then on, it's a matter of nurturing your ideas no matter how crazy they seem.
It's as important as vocabulary is to being a writer. If you don't know much about the world then there's not much you can contribute to it.
For me, those are a sign that I'm not enjoying what I'm doing.
You don't become creative, everyone's born like that.
Can't comment on this one, every idea has its own process that I have to figure out.
>>
>>8167489

Several different people, varying in the different stages of my life. When I was younger I was mostly interested in drawing and sculpting, and my greatest influences where Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci: I loved to spend several hours contemplating their drawings, reading about their lives, trying to have the same love for nature and obsession with perfection that they had. Latter, when I started to shift my main interest from visual arts to literature my main influence was Shakespeare, and his work is still the supreme influence I have in my professional work. I also study Tolstoy very closely, but Shakespeare is by far the most influential person in my mental development (of course, there is still the presence of some teachers and my parents, especially my mother).

You need to have originally loved what you do and also to have an ambitious and obsessive personality, capable of enduring several years of training and information-absorption with the goal of great achievements in mind.

cont.
>>
>>8169684

The first thing is to work on what you love. I guess that you can only sustain several years of willpower and effort when you really have a deeply rooted love for what you do. Of course, the more ludic aspects of the beginnings, when you draw, model clay, or write just for the pleasure of it are going to fade away to some level. Artists and scientists, when they get older and start to deal more professionally with their line of work, will face several working days of laziness, fear, disillusionment, self-loathing, and other dark thoughts. The playful early-days of the activity (be it mathematics or writing) start to get more heavy on ones shoulders, as you realize that, in order to refine your aptitude and natural-taste for the activity, you need to work hard and study for several hours, and that even in days you only want to do pleasurable activities. The toys of the infancy gradually became dictators, and professional ambitions make you live in some sort of perpetual torture for getting better and producing more.

cont.
>>
>>8169687

So, the first advice is to learn what you really love: you will not invest all of your brain and time in something you don’t like. However, you need to accept that, even if you love something, when you get professional it will be normal for you to face several days and hours of work that are painful and frightening. It is not perpetually pleasurable to create great art or to work with scientific theories and research. There are a lot of days when you are tired, uncreative, nervous, preoccupied, etc., but the only way of achieving something is to have a creative routine. You must try to work daily on your field, even if most days you are not in the correct mood. The thing is: in the long time the activity will prove rewarding. Just like the gym-time, when you feel pain and discomfort in the concentrated hours of the training, but became healthier, more confident and more physically apt in the long time. So, you might prefer to be having sex, watching a movie, travelling, playing games, or whatever in the time designated for writing or sculpting or calculating, but it is important to know that the sweets of immediate pleasures are fading ones, but the more disperse pleasure of doing something valuable is much stronger when viewed in the larger time period of a career or a lifetime.

cont.
>>
>>8169689

A third thing I suggest is to search for eminent names in your filed and study their works to the very roots. It is normal for beginners to imitate the style of the great ones of the past almost in a servile manner, and that is all right. You don’t need to be original from the very beginning; you can wait for your own voice and style (I know, that is more of an advice for artists than for scientists) to slowly mature out of the first years of imitation. You can solve your initial doubts and anxieties by asking yourself what were the solutions that your heroes figured out to solve their difficulties, and then imitate their procedures.

cont.
>>
>>8169691

Is essential. Nobody is an island, and you won’t produce anything of value without several years of studying what has already been done. However, I think that the quest for gaining knowledge in s specific field is more solitary. A school or University don’t maintain so concentrate and repetitive emphasis in the same area or the same names in the obsessive way that is fundamental for a great new creative mind to emerge. In the end of the day the assimilation of knowledge will be very solitary. But I also thing that to trade new findings and productions and data is much more important in sciences than in art; I think that the personal development is more solitary when it comes down to arts that sciences.

conti.
>>
>who in your life inspired you
Retards, being wrong about things that were right in front of them

>advice
Success is measured in output. Do shit.

>education
Fuck the education system, it's all normies.

>blocks
I've had a creative block for around 20 years, so I'm getting a job instead.
>>
>>8169693

I am not a very good source for this matter. I generally get desperate, very anxious and suffer panic attacks and great performance anxiety symptoms when my work is not flowing in the normal way. What I try to do is to don’t push myself too hard on my working sessions, and also to work for less hours, trying to sleep more and have more time of leisure. In writing sessions when I am not going nowhere I usually start reading other writers until I feel new ideas and associations in my mind, when I resume working on my own projects.

I was always a bad student and a slow child, and my rhythm was always very particular. I was never able to work on what was demanded of me, but only on topics that were interesting me on the moment. I guess I always had a predilection for inventing my own works, so I can say that I was always creative. But only after several years of study and imitating I managed to produce works that were really aesthetically valuable. What I got from the very beginning was the impulse, the pleasure in working alone and creating without a set of rules and instant evaluation (like the one we have of exams and tests), but I lacked mastery of techniques and even originality of conception.

end
>>
>>8169695
> Fuck the education system...
> Success measured in output...

But output passes some system to be measured in quality. If it didn't anyone could just spew out big loads of noise and be the most successful ever.
>>
>>8169802
kanye west, scientists hate him.....
>>
>>8167489

bump
>>
>>8167489
Not many really, I don't try to emulate others. I do however appreciate the work countless and also nameless people before us have done.

Don't accept premises and acceppted wisdom without thinking about them yourself. Often people stop progress and the same people later say it was obvious, always using hindsight.

Very. It is the foundation of knowledge you need to avoid doing what has already been done. Often the solution has already been found.

Never been a problem for me.

I cannot remember.

Non really other than sitting down with a huge cuppa tea and some notepaper. In silence.
>>
>>8167489

Define creativity.
>>
>>8167489
my main role models are scientists and musicians; Einstein, Tesla, Archimedes, Bill Evans, Jeff Mangum, Jim Morrison, Thom Yorke
recognize your preconceived notions and let them go, consider the unknown when solving any complex problem
very, I'm a big believer that the left and right brain feed off each other, scientists who have no art in their life and artists who have no science are both limiting themselves
do something else, you'll never get a good idea while trying to force it
my mom has an old scrapbook of pictures I drew starting when I was 2 or 3 I think

>>8167502
past sins was shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.