[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eye Surgery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

my eyesight is turning bad, why shouldn't I just push it for a few more years and then get laser surgery?

does the eyesight fade faster after surgery?

any experiences?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>8165139
From what I heard, it shouldn't fade and if it does, it does within half a year and it should be covered by the people who did your operation.
>>
>>8165139

This may be wrong, but according to a source that I cannot provide on account of the length of time that has passed since I read it, replacing the lens of the eye detaches the surrounding muscle and the eye loses its ability to focus on its own. Again, I read this somewhere I think, but it could be wrong.
>>
>>8165282
The muscles you're referring to are the ciliary muscles. They do reattach to the new, artificial lens, but this new lens is not malleable like a natural one is. Thus, you are only able to focus at whatever distance the lens was adjusted to and would have to wear glasses to focus on any other distance. There is an experimental lens that reacts to UVR and adjusts somewhat, but this is never precise.

OP's post has to do with laser eye surgery though, which does not involve replacing the lens, but rather burning off a part of your retina.
>>
>>8165139
If you're referring to myopia, it really depends on the individual. Most people's myopia will stabilize in the 20s, therefore your close and far distance vision should remain clear until your 40s, when your lens "hardens" in a sense and loses its ability to compress and straigten convergent light rays, and consequently you will not be able to see up close objects without the use of convergent glasses. Your distance vision should remain clear for the rest of your life though, barring conditions like age related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, etc.

If you have particularly aggressive myopia which is still worsening in your 20s, you should wait it out until it stabilizes to get the surgery.
>>
>>8165332
straighten divergent light rays* in the first paragraph, second line.
>>
>>8165139

Off topic: OP's image is "Eye", a mezzotint print, by MC Escher.

What is notable about the print is that was executed in the mezzotint fashion in the middle of the 20th century. Mezzotint is an extremely fine, arcane form of printmaking from older Europe, with such-and-such methods, tools, etc, which lets you get an extremely detailed final image. However it's also a huge pain in the ass. Escher created templates for many hundreds of types of prints in his life (the woodcut and the lithograph were his two weapons of choice), but he only ever made like 10 or so of these "mezzotints". I think he just wanted to be able to say he'd made them, as part of his mastery of his art and craft, but it wasn't central to the type of art that he wanted to make (math-meme art).
>>
>>8165324
>burning off a part of your retina.
I lol'd
>>
>>8166077
LMAO. Sorry, I meant cornea. If they burned off your retina you'd be fucking blind. Wow, what a terrible fucking mistake.
>>
>>8166063
very interesting.
Thanks
>>
>>8165139
Get it now. If it gets bad later, get it again.
>>
>>8165139
enjoy your corneal neuropathy lol
mbbs here
bye
>>
>>8165139
First: say goodbye to your night vision.
Also: if you are under 40 your eyes have probably not stabilized yet so you will need to do another surgery or start with glasses/lenses again.
There is a small risk of streaks and a smaller risk of an infection in which case you will need a cornea transplant. Until a donor appears you will be unlikely to be allowed to drive. Could take a decade.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.