[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold Fusion/LENR General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-06-03_02-35-10.gif (53KB, 473x447px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-03_02-35-10.gif
53KB, 473x447px
Where were you when LENR was breaking through?

Brilliant Light Power (Randell Mills):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PYe-4090g
>>
File: Reverse Seamus.jpg (55KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse Seamus.jpg
55KB, 540x540px
This guy is a fraud and has been for years. If there was a hype train, it left in 2013 and hasn't come back
>>
>>8149145
You made this thread earlier. The consensus was that if it really worked then he wouldn't even need investors.
>>
>>8149501
>If there was a hype train, it left in 2013 and hasn't come back
Are you sure about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXIpohDaUXM

Rossi also has a new iteration of his reactor
Now it has the size of a match and outputs 100w of light/heat/electricity :DDD
Either he's an incredible con man, or the paradigm shift is here

>>8149523
>R&D is free

Also that's why I'm calling it a general, as a new era looms
>>
>>8149947
Considering Rossi's past ventures have been literal cons (such as a company that converted industrial waste into oil, but actually just dumped the waste in a river), I think it's the former. I really don't know how he's pulling this trick off, though - he's definitely clever. I think he's this generation's John Keely.

As for LENR in general, I'm less sure. There seem to be a *lot* of varyingly hard-to-explain results, and Widom-Larsen theory passed peer review and provides an apparently-plausible explanation for how these phenomena could possibly work and why they seem to be so very finicky and hard-to-reproduce. It's absolutely fringe science, but it seems only *just* at the borderline of being pathological - there might be a pony in there. Or there might not.

I wish mainstream science would take another serious look at it, so it could finally be laid to rest.
>>
>>8149523
Also it now turns out one of his investors is suing him for failing to reproduce claims.
>>
>>8149947
if the machine actually worked he'd be able to pay for the R&D himself

i dont think you really understand the point we're making here.

if one device can make a handful of watts, then that's pitiful. but he can turn the money he saves not buying power from elsewhere and turn it around into making another identical unit. suddenly he has twice the output. he can then use the money saved by using those machines for power instead of the grid (or just selling energy back to the grid) to make two more machines. then four more. et cetera.

it's a slow process, but if he's patient he can double his output periodically, using some of the money to upgrade his workspace, wherever he stores the units, his infrastructure, pay for any maintenance and employees, legal shit, whatever, but the money's there. exponential growth is a fucker like that.
>>
>>8149980
Rossi is most likely a fraud, but this argument doesn't work. Many existing power sources only pay themselves back at large scale - the amount you save in electricity bills only outweighs startup cost, fuel costs, and maintenance costs over the device's operational life if you use a fucking lot of power.

Since Rossi is selling mainly to industrial customers, then if he weren't a fraud this would be completely typical of people who develop stuff like fuel cells. Bigger devices are usually cheaper to build per watt, and you have to need to use all of those watts for the cost to be worth it.
>>
>>8149947
That video is not Rossi, but another group, and was posted very recently. Not only that, but look at the views, not as many as you would expect from such a historic event. There is no hype and hasn't been for a while. If this shit turns out to be true than sure naturally people will get excited, but right now that hasn't happened yet.

Believe me I want to believe this is true more than anybody, it could change the game completely in terms of space travel and energy as a whole. But as of right now I am skeptical of a varified con man and his somewhat eccentric ramblings of a revolutionary energy sysem.
>>
>>8149970
>I wish mainstream science would take another serious look at it, so it could finally be laid to rest.
Hmm
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/a20874/us-house-cold-fusion/

>>8149980
You expect someone that has a game-changing invention to sell electricity to fund further R&D? lol
Life isn't a videogame in which you buy upgrades

>>8150003
If you had been paying attention you'd have seen there is a lot of humming going on (India, Russia, China, Scandinavia -Holmlid and Etiam Oy-) which is going to become buzz very soon
>>
>>8150022
Yeah, there does seem to be a slow return of interest in LENR, as time puts increasing distance between Pons-Fleischmann and the present. While still viewed (rightly, I think) as fringe, the taboo is wearing off and the accumulated mountains of suggestive results are looking more interesting than when the field first imploded. It's no longer so radioactive a subject that it's too dangerous to touch.

There seems to be a real possibility of something substantiative, instead of simply chasing phantoms and self-deception.
>>
>>8149975
The funny part is supposedly the COP obtained was lower than what Rossi claimed, but still >1.
>>
For those interested in discussing the scientific facts and theories: https://www.lenr-forum.com
>>
>>8150200

oh, you're a spammer then
>>
>>8150229
Nah, merely an informer

Thanks for the bump tho :)
>>
During cavitation water becomes hotter than the surface of the sun. Is cavitation a form of cold fusion?
>>
>>8150396
how could it be cold fusion if it's hotter than the sun.
>>
>>8150401
Because it occurs at room temperature. Regardless, it's not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.