[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand.. how can the SPHERE be the SHADOW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: mpc-hc64_2016-06-17_11-54-45.png (2MB, 1199x900px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2016-06-17_11-54-45.png
2MB, 1199x900px
I don't understand.. how can the SPHERE be the SHADOW?
>>
Like a rainbow man. The sphere is a shadow of particles. The thing just has the necessary ability to make its shadow curved and spherical due to the nature of how the particles reflec light.

You have to remember that AT fields exist there so there could be any number of surfaces for light to bounce off and form a sphere
>>
File: Lelieldesign.png (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lelieldesign.png
74KB, 400x400px
>>8148345

leliel
>>
File: waluigi.png (201KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
waluigi.png
201KB, 1000x1000px
>>8148345
It's a shitty anime from the 90s. Science isn't it's selling point.
>>
>>8148892
>it's selling point
its selling point
>>
File: Untitled.png (44KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44KB, 640x400px
>>8148345
They used some abstraction of shadow that works in any number of dimensions.
They used shadow as shape that is created when you collapse object along some axis. This is analogous to casting a shadow, because in our world shadows are 2D shapes created from 3D objects. You can imagine shadows in 2D world, they would create 1D lines from 2D shapes. Similarly when you have 4D objects, it casts 3D shadow, for example a sphere. We live in 3D world so we can only see a shadow of 4D angel, just like fictional 2D creatures that lives in 2D worlds, could only see 2D shadows of objects from our world.

The rest of leliel is complete bullshit though.
>>
>>8148956
What about the depth of the shadow. Understanding that it was meme anime science, shadows do really have some depth?
>>
>>8148961
I don't remember anything about depth of the shadow. What was that about?
>>
>trying to find scientific accuracy in an anime about depression and emotional trauma
>>
>>8148961
Im not a weeb, so I don't actually know what the context is, but the mathematical representation of a shadow of a 4 dimensional object would have 3 dimensions to it so yes, it would have depth.
>>
File: 6zeHc.jpg (27KB, 510x275px) Image search: [Google]
6zeHc.jpg
27KB, 510x275px
>>8148345
It's basically an inverse stereographic projection
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.