[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peter Dockdrill is right. We were born too soon. ;_;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: aabb.png (785KB, 1078x769px) Image search: [Google]
aabb.png
785KB, 1078x769px
Peter Dockdrill is right.

We were born too soon.

;_;
>>
I guess we'll wait until the Drumpf lineage is no more as to not scare away any alien lifeforms
>>
>>8143036
Reddit pls
>>
>>8143035
Unless you are alive when first contact is made it won't be magical anyways. You'll just have grown up accepting it is a known fact and accept it so it probably won't be that interesting.
>>
>>8143035
there are no aliens.

aliens are just your version of angels. They don't exist.
>>
>>8143103
>Unless you are alive when first contact is made it won't be magical anyways.
First contact is unlikely to be magical. I think you underestimate the likelihood of war between two species who cannot communicate and do not know what to expect from each other.
>>
>>8143036
thanks to drumpf we will still be alive
>>
>>8143105
No, when I think first contact I mean some kind of flyby. Chances are whatever an alien race is like they are most likely incompatible with out atmosphere and germs.

Thinking we will find someone on the same level of tech and civilization level on us +/-1000 years in pretty stupid.
>>
>>8143104
More like
>able to transverse solar systems
>come across a civilization
it's either
>completely under evolved
>more evolved than us and blasts us away for pulling some stupid shit in their territory
>>
>>8143115
>transverse
>>
>>8143105
and you vastly overestimate the base cartoonish reactions in a given species that is otherwise advanced and intelligent enough to travel between the stars.

in all likelihood, contact would result in a immediate lines of communication being set up. if war was to come of it, it would come much later and for actual reasons
>>
File: ebin_maymay.png (44KB, 283x284px) Image search: [Google]
ebin_maymay.png
44KB, 283x284px
>>8143035
Well even if you were born too early to make contact with aliens, the good news is that you were born at the perfect time to browse tank may-mays.
>>
File: 9a7db7bf42cdf3425eda94d4a87b506d.jpg (325KB, 1677x1169px) Image search: [Google]
9a7db7bf42cdf3425eda94d4a87b506d.jpg
325KB, 1677x1169px
>tfw I'll never get to fire a las gun
>tfw won't fight for the emprah
>tfw it isn't 41st millenium yet
>>
>>8143119
>in a given species that is otherwise advanced and intelligent enough to travel between the stars.
I'm not afraid of the aliums, I'm afraid of us.
>>
>>8143035
even if we pretend alien civilizations exist and have the technology to reach us,

why would anyone think they'd want to?

we look at our own history and find most of it to be disgustingly barbaric. Why on earth would we think the desire to explore space will be seen with any more charity in the future than any of our own past?

it's entirely possible that to advanced technological societies, contacting other life forms is a terrible crime and a sin and we're just not far enough along to know it yet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.