[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reverse Monty Hall Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (159KB, 684x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 684x864px
So in the original Monty Hall problem there are two losing doors and one winning door. If you switch after the losing door is removed you have a 2/3 chance of winning and if you don't you only have a 1/3 chance.

What if there are two winning doors, one losing door, and the host always removes a winning door after your selection? You have a choice to change your selection after a winning door is revealed. Do you switch?

At first glance it would seem like you shouldn't. You have a 2/3 chance of picking the winning door initially, and after a winning door is revealed you have a 1/2 chance of winning by switching. However the host is resetting the problem, decreasing your odds of winning if you switch. Wouldn't you always have a 1/2 chance of winning if you stayed or if you switched?
>>
>>8137518
>You have a 2/3 chance of picking the winning door initially, and after a winning door is revealed you have a 1/2 chance of winning by switching.
No. If you chose a winning door and switch, you lose. If you chose the losing door and switch, you win. Thus you have a 2/3 chance of losing if you switch.
>>
>>8137543
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
>>
>>8137518
Yes because it improves my chances of taking 5 niggas with me
>>
>>8137518
No, holy shit. It's exactly the same as the regular one but with the results reversed.

Imagine the same thing with 100 doors. You choose one, then the host opens 98 other winning doors and leaves one. Do you still think it's a 50/50 chance?
>>
>>8137811
Why are you linking him to the Wikipedia page? He's right.
Also, this question belongs in /sqt/.
>>
>>8137518

This is literally the same as the original Monty Hall problem, except you consider a goat a win.

Pick door, stay there, to maximize chance of goat.
>>
what's the name of those comics?
>>
>>8138854
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cartoons (SMBC)
>>
>>8138858
thanks!
>>
>>8137518
What if it's revealed that the one you choose is the one with 5 people in? Should you switch?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.