[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stars born together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: ngc602_hst_1280.jpg (2MB, 1280x1249px) Image search: [Google]
ngc602_hst_1280.jpg
2MB, 1280x1249px
Question for an astrophysist or astronomer or anyone who might know. I'm reading Sagans Cosmos book and he mentions that there were several stars born in the cloud of interstellar gas and dust that formed our sun but that they have been separated. Was it the angular momentum that allowed them to leave because they were at a far enough distance from our sun that the sound gravity was negligible . Or was this cloud light years across?
>>
>>8136282
Why don't you read an actual astrophysics book?
>>
1. The cloud was light years across.
2. The external gravitational pull was greater than the internal gravitational pull.
>>
star nurseries are commonly huge. next.
>>
>>8136382
External as in the more denser region (towards the center of our galaxy)?
>>
>>8136390
Are you Mark Cuban's science twin?
>>
Mine if I post my question in this thread?
At the end of star's life, the force of gravity is greater than the force of nuclear fusion. Then why it throws away it's outer layer? Shouldn't it just contract?
>>
>>8136452
That only happens with medium to smaller sized stars. Stars like our sun. The more massive ones as you said are overtaken by their gravitational force and collapse creating a super nova explosion.
>>
>>8136459
I get it. But where does that energy to eject stuff into space come from?
>>
Stars aren't far.

They rotate around us EVERY DAY, and we're supposed to only be rotating at 1000mph.

We're orbiting the Sun at 66,000 mph and we see no evidence of this EVER, we see the same constellations day after day year after year.
>>
>>
>>8136786
I'm not an astrophysicist, but I'd guess that there's a difference between the fusion reaction up until Iron and all of those past it, the fusion of whatever hasn't been fused into Iron becomes the remaining heavy elements in a reaction that is much more violent than the fusion reaction which produced Iron, and that reaction is of sufficient speed and violence to hurl the remaining material away from the collapsing core faster than it can be dragged in.

Anyone who knows more about this please correct me if I'm just being retarded.
>>
>>
>>8136791
>>8136796
>>8136800

On top of this the Stars are supposed to each have their own orbits and paths like our Sun is supposed to orbit our galaxy at ridiculous speeds but some how the only motion we see in the stars is their rotation around us...
>>
File: 2000px-Parallax_Example.svg.png (97KB, 2000x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Parallax_Example.svg.png
97KB, 2000x1440px
>>8136791
you fucking retard

the fact that the constellations barely change is evidence that they are very far away, not nearby

2/10 got me to reply
>>
>>8136799
The thing is, that fusing elements heavier than iron requires energy. That's why star dies after it reaches iron
>>
>>8136812

Moving 1000mph changes our view dramatically but moving at 514,000 mph doesn't do anything o-ok you parrot monkey hybrid.
>>
>>8136864
are you fucking stupid or just pretending to be fucking stupid?
1000 miles per hour is not fast
because 1000 miles is not far
and an hour is a very long time

Do you have any fucking idea how large the galaxy is? Not how large 'you think it is' but how large it ACTUALLY is?

sqrt(5)/10, got me to reply again
>>
>>8136842
I've read that stars can continue to burn when then the core begins to expand and in a way ignites the surrounding material that is being ejected. The remaining protons fuse together since they're moving so fast there's no time for them to repel each other.
>>
>>8136898

that's exactly my point 1000 miles an hour is not fast, and it isn't far so how the fuck does it change the view so dramatically when moving at 514,000 mph in another direction doesn't do anything?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.