[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eye/Vision anomalies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Whirligig Beetles.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Whirligig Beetles.webm
3MB, 640x360px
In/On my eyes, I have 3 types of "things" floating around.

The 1st type seems to be on the surface of my eye. Those look like fibers, dots, and a few other shapes. They look like super out of focus stuff and will shift, drift, change type, and disappear when blinking. Sometimes there aren't any and sometimes there's tons.

The 2nd type seem to be standard, "floaters." They are just dark shapes that I rarely notice. They don't move very fast but almost always move "down" relative to gravity. I started noticing these shortly after being electrically shocked into unconsciousness.

The 3rd type seems to be something akin to moving "pixels". I can only see them well when looking at a bright solid color, like a white wall or azure sky. These are best seen in sunlight. They encompass my entire vision, as though my vision is completely made up of only these moving things. They move like whirligig beetles on the surface of water. Fast and erratic. They speed up, slow down, squiggle their path, do loops, etc. They don't show up as a solid object. More like movement traces. The best way to describe them is by looking at the later part of this image of whirligig beetles, when they move faster, and imagining them being invisible where you can only see their trails through the water. I've been seeing these since I was a small child. Another very good example is microbe movement like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKMmmoymW8g

My question is, what the hell is the 3rd type?
>>
>>8133785
Yeah I have something similar, like a pink static constantly fills my vision and is worst at night.

I've learned to ignore it. Thats about all you can do.
>>
>>8133785
I forgot one more thing with the 3rd type. When I sneeze of cough really hard, the "stars" I sometimes see a second after that trace out the same squiggly patterns. It is as though, some of those things get bright for just a very brief moment.

>>8133793
Pink. That is neat. Mine are more like chromatic aberration you see on a super close up macro image, but there's no source, just a squiggly point of chromatic aberration. So they tend to have many colors.
>>
>>
>>8133785
Good thread OP. Type 3 are definitely the most interesting. I've been observing them recently against bright blue skies like you said. Here are my observations;

They do not move like the microbes in your video. those microbes are moving way to fast to track properly, but if you slow the video down you will see that their movements are completely ordinary, they behave like crowds or swarms of bees and rarely bump into one another.

Type 3 floaters on the other hand move a lot slower and they move only a short distance.

It is difficult to track them across the eyes because of saccading motion. But I believe I have identified two types of movement. The first type occurs when two 'floaters' emerge from the same point. They break off in opposite directions and then vanish (I think). The second sees two floaters come together and annihilate one another. These floater appear to emerge out of nothing (also questionable because of my lack of a clear memory on the subject).

Now, what are we to make of this? Where have we heard of this type of behaviour before? That's right in the zero point vacuum energy of the universe. Could it be that we are seeing traces of particles emerging and annihilating eachother inside the human brain? A seductive theory, but unlikely. However, I would propose that some kind of energy field must be at work here, unless that is the patterns and movements of the eye floaters change with time, in which case I would suggest that the effect is likely to be a mental hallucination of some kind and not a real physical property.

Closing one eye and then the other appears to reduce the number of eye floaters, by more than half. An odd observation and purely subjective, like this entire post. Finally, after having observed the motions of these floaters from a long period and then closing my eyes I saw strange regular multicoloured patterns which suggests that they are linked in some way to the pattern recognition of the V1 visual cortex.
>>
>>8133785
I get one where everything appears pixelated after I've been staring into a microscope for too long.

I figure it's just eye strain, I get it every time I try to concentrate on seeing something, but it goes away with rest.
>>
>>8133785

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene
>>
>>8133785
third thing is visual snow.
>>
>>8134168
OP here, not like this. These are actually moving things that have a tiny wake.

>>8134217
>They do not move like the microbes in your video. those microbes are moving way to fast to track properly, but if you slow the video down you will see that their movements are completely ordinary, they behave like crowds or swarms of bees and rarely bump into one another.

Agreed. That video seems to be sped up, when compared to other videos of microbes.

They seems to "surface" in one starting location, streak around then disappear.

The rest of your post I don't agree with as to what they are. I think it is just the normal function of the eye that isn't noticed very often. Like being able to see the firing of nerves of the eye by what is left behind during the processing of vision.

>>8135139
I'm sure it is something like this, but without stimulations that are listed in the wiki page. As in no mechanical, electrical, or magnetic stimulation on the eye from an outside source. All those things have vastly different visual results than this.
>>
>>8133785

3rd
>>
>>8135222
That's it exactly. It ranges in just about any bright color, especially when in sunlight. Less so in artificial light, depending on the type of artificial light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

>The dots are white blood cells moving in the capillaries in front of the retina of the eye.[5]

Awesome.

>The dots won’t appear at the very centre of the visual field, because there are no blood vessels there (foveal avascular zone).

Mine do.
>>
>>8135168
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

No, it is,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

I can only see visual snow with my eyes close in darkness.
>>
>>8134168
i see this when i close my eyes and look in to the darkness
>>
you guys are all sick. go see a doctor I don't have any of this shit
>>
>>8135786
You have this, >>8135222 and the one where dust lands on your eye surface. Floaters inside your eyes are different though and can happen from a lot of different causes from trauma to cancer to old age.
>>
>>8135786
>you guys
no U
>>
>>8136019
>responding to idiotic bait "i have experienced zero vision abnormalities in my time as a human"
>>
>>8133785
Google 3rd eye, new age spirituality, prana, auras, and 4d, you are awake and psychicly active op
>>
>>8133816

These 'stars' are just white blood cells. You can actually see them all the time but you have a background process running that i supposed to filter them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2-ZP4CTgLQ
>>
File: vision-in-eye-floaters.jpg (26KB, 488x348px) Image search: [Google]
vision-in-eye-floaters.jpg
26KB, 488x348px
Interesting thread. Gonna post a few pics of what my eye floaters look like.
>>
File: Moscavol3.jpg (13KB, 569x374px) Image search: [Google]
Moscavol3.jpg
13KB, 569x374px
>>
>>8136246
I have one in my left eye similar to this. It's prominent enough that I sometimes swat at the air around my head because I think it's a bug flying around my face.
>>
>>8136240
hate to be the one to break it to you but you have aids
>>
I have keratokonus, which means my eyes are literally killing themselves and my eyesight is getting shit op. Feels bad.
>>
File: 3517_cb48_600.jpg (66KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
3517_cb48_600.jpg
66KB, 600x405px
this thread is funny because humans are far from perfect indeed.
>>
>>8136328
>keratokonus

wow man I just googled that shit, advanced state looks like a spike ew

what are your options now and how do you deal with it?
>>
I thought i was alone on this. Thanks for thread opie
>>
>>8133785
>My question is, what the hell is the 3rd type?
Blue field entopic phenomenon, brah
>>
>>8133785
Yea just look up vision anomalies on wikipedia, it gets interesting actually. Not floaters, but the "entropic blue sky effect" or wtv the fuck it's called is just white blood cells floating in the back of your eye that your vision usually blocks.
>>
>>8133785
Yea just look up vision anomalies on wikipedia, it gets interesting actually. Not floaters, but the https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon or wtv the fuck it's called is just white blood cells floating in the back of your eye that your vision usually blocks.
>>
>>8136778
Yea just look up vision anonalies in wikipedia, it actually gets intredsting. Not floaters but the "blue sky entropic floater effects" or wtv the fuck is called is just white blood cells 'hanging out' in the back of your head that your vision usually blocks out.
>>
OP here.

Thank you to everyone who repeated >>8135222 , >>8135415 , and >>8135428

If this wasn't a Eye/Vision anomalies thread, I'd berate you for it, but you probably just didn't see those posts.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.