[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frequency resonance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 800px-Resonance.png (125KB, 800x579px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Resonance.png
125KB, 800x579px
I am interested in frequency resonance after experimenting with a sound system and a low frequency oscillator on a sine wave.
Certain frequencies caused parts of the house to and other frequencies caused other parts to resonate.

I am really interested in this concept. Can things (buildings, cells, animals) be resonated to destructively? What effect does resonation have on the human body? How far can frequency resonation travel through sound waves? What sort of frequency resonation occurs in space, magnetic? What’s the relationship between magnets and sound resonance?

The most fun part of experimenting with the resonation in my house was hearing the first buzz of something rattling, and then finding I could slowly turn the oscillator to a lower frequency and it would continuously resonate at a frequency where it did not before, if I was subtle and careful with the change. Is there name for this?
>>
File: animationvib-opti.gif (89KB, 560x460px) Image search: [Google]
animationvib-opti.gif
89KB, 560x460px
>>8133300
careful researching this publicly, I've been called esoteric for reading books on this topics but to be frank it can indeed get pretty wild...

I throw you a few terms which could be interesting to look up, cymatics, resonant frequencies, sound levitation and if you dont play an instrument, music theory.
>>
You should take an acoustics or vibration class then.

>> can buildings, cells, animals be resonated to destruction
For buildings see earthquake.

For animals and cells there is this handy lab device known as a sonicator. It applies intense sounds to destroy cell walls so you can get stuff inside out.
>>
>>8133338
>sonicator

why am I thinking of No Country For Old Men 2
>>
>>8133318

v cool thx
>>
>>8133300
Tacoma Narrows.
>>
File: gottago.jpg (59KB, 750x609px) Image search: [Google]
gottago.jpg
59KB, 750x609px
>>8133379
>>8133338
>>8133318

Is cascading resonance a myth? It pops up in vid about a tesla experiment with his steam powered pocket oscillator, but the the results when you google the term pull Resonance Cascade referential to the original Half-Life game

see anti matter spectrometer lol
>>
>>8133300
here's an interesting one if you haven't seen it already
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Infrasonic_17_Hz_tone_experiment
basically infrasound waves can cause anxiety depression and other stuff.
also 18.98hz is the resonate frequency of the human eyeball i believe
>>
>>8133300
Reminds me of Tesla's Telegeodynamic Oscillator which senses mechanical resonances and self-tunes to excite them.
>>
File: civilengineering.gif (319KB, 657x544px) Image search: [Google]
civilengineering.gif
319KB, 657x544px
>>8133300
>Can things buildings be resonated to destruction

Yeah
>>
>>8135756
Underrated post
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.