[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saturated Fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: _73638186_fried_sausages-spl-1.jpg (40KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_73638186_fried_sausages-spl-1.jpg
40KB, 660x371px
Is saturated fat good or bad?
>>
>>8131972
It's basically animal fat. We are animals. So there's that.

Of course, too much fat is never good. But I don't believe saturated fat is the Hitler of nutrition.
>>
>>8131972

too much of it is bad, not too much of it is good, like water, or cats.
>>
>>8131995
so whats the hitler of nutrition?
sugar?
>>
>>8131998

no, veganism
>>
>>8132005
is it? how bad is veganism?
>>
>>8132007

it's pretty bad man, pretty bad. the personality never recovers from it
>>
>>8132008
but from a dietary perspective
is it bad?
>>
>>8131972
Something tells me there's something in between good and bad
>>
>>8132014

well you quit gaining the powers of the animals you're not eating
>>
>>8132018
i'm serious
>>
>>8132022

I'm not?
>>
>>8132027
no
>>
>>8132031
Check out reddit.com/u/frigocoder. He'll tell you why veganism is bad and why keto and saturated fat are good.
>>
>>8132032
>keto
keto? what's that? keto diet?
>>
>>8132034
Low or no carb diet. High in fat (especially the saturated kind) and protein. Usually under 60g carbs per day. Your body uses ketones as a source of energy instead of glucose.
>>
>>8132040
that's the atkins diet, right?
what about my fiber?
>>
>>8132032
>>8132034
>>8132031
To aid your research, use redditcommentsearch.com. Type in keywords you're interested in and there'll be huge comments with in-depth explanations supported by solid scientific research (not observational studies).
>>
>>8131972
The only bad fats are transfats, those are the ones that will fuck your shit up and cause you to get a heart attack. The others are fine but you might become a fatty bumbum if you eat too much of it.

Trans fats are a bi product of many food industry methods of transforming unsaturated fats into saturated fats by catalysis. They are becoming banned in the EU, but americlaps might be eating solid poison for longer because of your fucked up free markets.
>>
>>8132044
>because of your fucked up free markets.
I'm brazillian.
Also, Omega 6s are bad, no?
>>
>>8132048
Omega-6 is not bad. In fact, it's an essential fatty acid. There is some evidence suggesting that a high Omega-6:Omega-3 ratio could be harmful.
>>
>>8132041
Fiber is not an essential nutrient.
>>
>>8132054
Yeah yeah, that's what I heard.
That lots of omega 6 and very little omega 3 is harmful.
but omega 3 is so hard to come by.
i eat flaxseeds to get my omega 3, but flax seeds are expensive, taste like shit, and you have to grind the motherfuckers.
>>
>>8132062
On top of all that, you are not even getting adequate amounts of Omega-3. Plant-based sources of Omega-3 come in the form of ALA, which is not an essential fatty acid. DHA+EPA are essential, and the body needs to convert ALA to DHA+EPA. The conversion rate is very low, below 5% for men. Furthermore, there is some evidence that suggests that consuming large amounts of ALA can cause eye problems in the long-term.
>>
>>8132118
WHERE THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THE FUCKING OMEGA 3 THEN
>>
Good or bad... for what?
Health?
Tallow Lamps?
Tanning Leather?
Speak up.
>>
>>8132134
health
>>
>>8131995
>too much fat is never good
No way! Too much of something is bad? Holy shit someone call the presses! OMG THIS GUY IS A GENUIS.
>>
>>8132135
If you're active, a little saturation is ok.
The health effects are overhyped.
I like to think of health in general in terms of cancer.
Either it can kill you motivate you to use the rest of your life in a way that has meaning.
True for everything else as well.

This comment brought to you by Tindyman's Carpet.
But Tidyman's, or I'll kill you.
>>
>>8132137
you know, for a person capable of reading (or at least copy-pasting), you sure are sperging out really hard on a small portion of that anon's claim
>>
>>8132118
Have a source for that last statement?
>>
>>8131972
If you eat a balanced diet consisting of lots of different vegetables, good quality animal products, complex carbs, fruit and nuts, and you eat no processed garbage, refined grains/oils, added sugar etc you don't really need to worry about saturated fats and cholesterol

t. not a doctor
>>
>>8132478
seconded.
>>
>>8131972
>Is saturated fat good or bad?
yes
>>
Saturated fat is essential for testosterone production.
>>
>>8132478
>le balanced diet maymay
>>
>>8132849
retard
>>
>>8131998
>hitler of nutrition

Processed sugars

(other) processed carbs are the Mussolini of nutrition
>>
>>8132122
Eat fish.
>>
>>8132849
I suggest a helium tank
>>
>>8132913
No, use nitrogen instead. Less valuable.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.