[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does the smbc dude browse /sci/ or is it just coïncidence ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1465139352-20160605.png (216KB, 684x864px) Image search: [Google]
1465139352-20160605.png
216KB, 684x864px
So does the smbc dude browse /sci/ or is it just coïncidence ?
>>
idk but apparently the retards who read him do.
>>
Omega Hall Trolley Problem

Before the Problem begins, Omega uses godlike predictive power to find out whether you are a Switcher or a Stayer.
Omega presents you with three doors.
Two of the doors, if picked, will cause a trolley is to run over five people.
Behind the third door, there is another trolley.
-If Omega predicted you are a Switcher, it will run over ten people.
-If Omega predicted you are a Stayer, it will run over one person.

Having picked a door, Omega now reveals that one of the doors you didn't pick would have been a Five-Person door.

Should you switch or stay?
>>
>>8125996
>not adding the ship of Thesus, Russell's teapot and Zeno's paradox

Before the Problem begins, Omega uses godlike predictive power to find out whether you are a Switcher or a Stayer. But you cannot falsify until after the test.

Omega presents you with three doors.
Two of the doors, if picked, will cause a trolley is to run over five people.
Behind the third door, there is another trolley.
-If Omega predicted you are a Switcher, it will run over ten people.
-If Omega predicted you are a Stayer, it will run over one person.

Having picked a door, Omega now reveals that one of the doors you didn't pick would have been a Five-Person door.

However, Omega places everyone on a trolley that is moving much slower than the trolley. By the time your trolley reaches where the trolley carrying the people once was, the people's trolley would have moved ahead a little. And by the time your trolley covers this distance, the other trolley has moved ahead some more.

But as the trolley moves a wheel rusts, so Omega replaces a wheel with an identical one. Then he replaces an ungreased axle with another identical. It does this until the entire trolley is replaced.

Should you switch or stay?
>>
>>8125996

Stay, obviously.

Stay: 50% * 5 + 50% * 1 = 3 expected deaths for which you are not responsible.

Switch: 50% * 5 + 50% * 10 = 7.5 expected deaths for which you are responsible.
>>
>>8126013

>Implying

Good call on Russel's teapot but Zeno's Paradox is a solved problem and the Ship of Theseus could be integrated better, e.g. something about how the people you condemned to death are no longer the same people once the trolley reaches them. Or possibly something about how, once Omega has replaced the entire trolley, should the judge condemn you for sending a trolley that never hit the people?
>>
obvious rip-off. when /sci/ finally produces a god joke somebody got to steal it.
>>
>>8126015
>50%

I'm mad

Mad about statistics.
>>
>>8125776
At least smbc can be funny sometimes, unlike xkcd which is always "I heard about [undergrad concept] I'm such a nerd xD".
>>
>>8127104
>xkcd
Reminder that nobody would care about xkcd if it weren't for the poorly drawn stick figures.
As plain text, nobody would read that vapid shit.
>>
>>8127104
>>8127114

Ironically, you are both (assuming you're not samefagging) just proving that you're kiddies.
>>
>>8125776
the best part is
>then, one of the other buildings is revealed
poorly stated, dont know if the selection was random or known, ergo no correct answer.

he either fucked up, or he's trollin
>>
>>8127120
not those guys, but 9/10 times XKCD is just awful.

ive stopped checking the page regularly
>>
>>8127114
>if you take the comics out of a webcomic, nobody would read it
You seem to think you've made a clever point.
>>
File: xkcd.png (36KB, 249x378px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd.png
36KB, 249x378px
>>8127178
I am mainly talking about pic related.
It basically says "hey guys, know this famous quote? It and people who use it annoy me, and the definition technically isn't correct," Would you care if this (or some less dishonest representation of the comic, perhaps) was there in place of the picture as plain text?
The picture itself adds almost nothing to it, except it catches your eye more easily.

To be fair, I guess cases like this one are much less common than I remembered.

PS: the infographics are neat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.