[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thermodynamics - Refrigerator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 244634_large.jpg (18KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
244634_large.jpg
18KB, 368x368px
I was wondering, if you have a closed room (thermally isolated) and leave the door of a regular fridge open, what will happen to the temperature inside the fridge? I'm well aware that the average temperature of the room will increase but is the fridge affected by this or does the temperature inside stay the same?
>>
convection
>>
Is the fridge running?
>>
>>8112359
What?

>>8112362
Yes, I thought it was heavily implied.
>>
>>8112371
If it's running, then we're lucky the door's closed!

The temperature of the room will increase over time.
>>
>>8112372
Yeah but is the inside of the refrigerator included now as part of the room or not? What happens inside the fridge?
>>
>>8112379
Inside of the fridge is cooled, outside gets heated (there are radiators on the back of the fridge). Overall, the power delivered to the room (to keep the fridge running) is the rate of heat increase in the room.
>>
>>8112356
obviously the temperature will increase as you're running bullshit like a compressor which heats up.
>>8112379
why the fuck would it be different ,im assuming you meant the room was an isolated thermodynamic system (which by the way isnt so isolated if there's an electric current incoming from outside)

for that matter it dosnt matter if the fridge is open or closed ,in both cases nothing inside the room is isolated just the heat is conducted at different rates .
>>
The refrigerator is running, yes.
The room as a whole gets heated, yes.
The refrigerator is open. Does the inside of refrigerator count as a part of the room now?
The temperature inside the refrigerator is lower than the that of the room.
So does it mean that the inside of refrigerator will get hotter due to heating by convection by the air from the room.
Or will the refrigerator keep it at the same temperature even though the room is getting hotter?
>>
>>8112393
The inside of the fridge will get hotter, which will mean the radiator will get get hotter, which means the room will get hotter.... And so on until the room and fridge are in thermal equilibrium.
>>
>>8112399
Which i guess will never come to because the refrigerator is adding more energy to the system all the time
>>
File: Figure_16_05_01.jpg (148KB, 875x533px) Image search: [Google]
Figure_16_05_01.jpg
148KB, 875x533px
>>8112393
>the refrigerator keep it at the same temperature even though the room is getting hotter
what the fuck am i reading.
>>
>>8112406
Or will the refrigerator keep it at the same temperature even though the room is getting hotter?

was the full sentence.
It was referring to the temperature inside the refrigerator
>>
>>8112409
>a fridge with infinite efficiency
obviously the fridge will stay the same temp until the outside reaches a high enough temp that the refrigeration mechanism cant function .
>>
File: Robotnik-001.png (470KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Robotnik-001.png
470KB, 768x576px
>>8112362

It's running to your house to rape you dead
>>
is /sci/ always this illiterate?
>>
>>8112371
you better go catch it bro, don't let it run away!
>>
>>8112356
The temperature will increase in the room until the circuits overheat.
>>
The inside of the fridge will remain colder than the rest of the room because that's where the colder air is being directed to. It will still circulate with the surrounding air and get warmer as the room does, but the fridge will continue to pump ~40 degree F air into the cavity. That 40 degree air will occupy less and less of the cavity as the room warms due to how quickly it is warmed up by the surrounding air.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.