[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if I took an entire bottle of melatonin pills?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: B005DEK9CC_1_lg.jpg (100KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B005DEK9CC_1_lg.jpg
100KB, 1024x1024px
What would happen if I took an entire bottle of melatonin pills?
>>
>>8103442
Nothing. It's not a drug, it's a diet supplement, you would piss it out in an hour or two.
>>
>>8103447
>>
>>8103442
don't do it senpai
>>
>>8103447
You're right that probably nothing would happen, but it is a drug.
>>
pretty much nothing

it's metabolized super quickly, it'll be gone before anything happens
>>
>>8103442
It would be very painful.
>>
you'd be real tired
>>
>>8103442

Well, you'll definitely trigger all the Melatonin receptors in your brain. You'll most likely be VERY tired, very quickly, and may even pass out. If I remember correctly, there is a correlation between melatonin and vivid dreaming so you might have some extremely vivid dream; but this is just idle speculation.
>>
>>8104087
you're a big guy
>>
sup nigger OP

I did this once drunk as shit on half a bottle of goose

it did nothing, i spent 3 hours in a cycle of sleep paralysis, then i fell asleep and remembered nothing for 13ish hours

do it and report back
>>
>>8104070
Yea, I think only 2mg of it is actually metabolized and anything over you just piss out
>>
>>8104092
There is, I take it once in a blue moon and I have the weirdest dreams which are super irritating
>>
>>8104092
>and may even pass out.
Sleep doesn't work that way.
>>
>>8104254
Sleep doesn't work that way? Exhaustion works that way. Melatonin doesn't.

Assuming of course "pass out" figuratively, not literally.
>>
You'd turn into a black person.
>>
>>8103442
Endocrine hell
>>
>>8103442
Liver damage
>>
>>8104196
For you
>>
Chances are you would puke it back out in an hour or so.
>>
>>8104285
missing a "-to" there buddy
>>
Melatonin is a placebo. It doesn't cross the blood brain barrier

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC161743/
>>
>>8103442
you'd probably become black
>>
youd turn into an egyptian king
>>
>>8104473
did you even read what you linked?
>It doesn't cross the blood brain barrier
retard alert
>Melatonin is a placebo
it has a couple well documented effects. seriously, when how the hell could you think an endogenous hormone with significant production would be a placebo?
>>
File: da.jpg (29KB, 141x587px) Image search: [Google]
da.jpg
29KB, 141x587px
What would happen if you took an entire bottle of melanin pills?
>>
You'll likely get some weird dreams if you sleep after that.
Because that's what you get when you take more than 50mg.

You can take multiple grams of it without ill effect.
The filler may harm your kidneys though depending what's used.
>>
1.) You'd fall asleep easier
2.) You'd be better protected against minor radiation [new discovery in the last 5 years, check it out]

Now if you combined it with L-Theanine, Caffeine, DPH (Diphenhydramine) and DXM (Dextromethorphan), which are all available over the counter?

Well son, you'd trips balls.
It comparable to DMT except you're in control.

You could also die of your blood pressure raises too high or drops too low.

All over cost? $80 USD
>>
>>8103457
kek
>>
Nothing. You'd be a bit more tired and irritable assuming you didn't sleep and you would piss the rest out
>>
What you want is large doses of methoxsalen.
Some guy took that, turned into a nigger, and wrote a book about it (black like me)
>>
You'd probably get sleep. I can't find the paper, but in one of the first papers on melatonin, the guy gave people 1-2 grams. They'd sleep for more than a day or some shit.

I personally take around 20mg a night, 10mg IR + 10mg XR. I used to take 39-45mg IR to sleep 6+ hours.

More usually doesn't do anything at all. It's very easy to ignore melatonin induced sleepiness, and if you're anxious and take a lot, it just doesn't work. It's really a weak hypnotic, but it's effective over time and isn't a sedative. I had to keep upping the dose, I have severe insomnia related to staying on a regular schedule. Delayed-phase Sleep Disorder type stuff.

>>8104607
>>8104473
That study has far more issues:
1) 10 patients, when insomnia is one of the primary disorders people complain about.
2) Insomnia has always been given twenty or two hours minutes before bed. It is well documented waiting to fall asleep causes different effects.
3) Standard study doses go up to at least 3mg.
>>
>>8107513
jesus if DMT really feels like DPH + DXM i´m glad as hell i never tried it
>>
>>8103442
On a science board
>Doesn't formulate an experiment and obtain fresh empirical data.
>>
>only 2mg of it is actually metabolized and anything over you just piss out

Half life 20-50 minutes. What if you took 2mg every 30 minutes till the bottle runs out?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.