[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I was in a room with a super-powerful lightbulb that only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: memeaholics anonymoos.jpg (21KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
memeaholics anonymoos.jpg
21KB, 800x600px
If I was in a room with a super-powerful lightbulb that only emitted light of frequency higher than what humans can percieve, would the room be completely dark to me?
>>
>>8082511
Yes
>>
>>8082511
No
>>
>>8082511
obviously. You don't see infrared or radiation do you?
>>
>>8082511
It wouldn't necessarily be dark. It depends on the particular frequency of the light and what's in the room. For instance, many materials fluoresce (emit visible light) when exposed to ultraviolet light.
>>
>>8082511
No, there are interactions that will bring some of the light down far enough to be visable.
It will still be very dark, though.
>>
>>8082571
You can see near IR if your eyes adjust (although it's not very healthy).
His question though said that the light from the bulb can not be perceived by humans so it doesn't even make sense to ask it since the answer is obviously no.
>>
Related question :
Will a star that emits frequencies outside of the human visible range be invisible to the naked eye?
>>
>>8082948
Anon did you just solve dark matter?
>>
>>8082953
Sure, since we don't do radio astronomy or look at x-rays or anything.
>>
>>8082948
If such a star were to exist, then perhaps yes.
>>
>>8082957
Buh do we do gamma astronomy?
>>
>>8082982
Yes.

How else do you think Gamma-ray bursts are observed?
>>
File: black-body-radiation-curves.png (49KB, 790x433px) Image search: [Google]
black-body-radiation-curves.png
49KB, 790x433px
>>8082948
You must be new here
>>
If it is high as gamma you will start to see little white point and since it is very powerfull you will die painfully in few minutes
>>
>>8082511
Surprised no one gave the right answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radiation

Even if the room starts near absolute zero, the light bulb will heat up the room, which will cause the walls to glow ala black body radiation.

Assuming you don't die before that happens.
>>
>>8082511
start moving away and redshift it.
>>
>>8082511
Yeah, enjoy getting cancer.
>>
>>8082948
Yeah - look up radio pulsars. They're well cool.
>>
>>8084726
um >>8083246

Fucking /sci/ tripfags
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.