[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You should know this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: sci.jpg (21KB, 561x343px) Image search: [Google]
sci.jpg
21KB, 561x343px
You should know this.
>>
physics major here, assuming the typical assumptions

C raises all the way up.
C drops as B raises
B drops as A raises
B raises as A raises
C raises as B raises
C hits the top last

in short C raises first and last
>>
>>8082223
C
>>
>>
>no friction
they all raise at the same time

>friction
C
>>
Anyone who doesn't say A must not understand what a friction-less pulley is. Energy follows the path of least resistance and gets stored as potential energy in the 20 weight.
>>
if we're assuming the pulleys are frictionless then the tension should be constant throughout the rope, meaning A rises first
>>
>>8082245
>path of least resistance
>single path

the effort you put in pulling the string combines all the weights together, and discounting friction they all lift together.

discounting gravity of course.
>>
>>8082253
>discounting friction they all lift together.

No they don't LOL. The heavier weight will give up its potential energy and store it in the lighter weight. It's fucking balance 101.
>>
>>8082253

You must not be accounting for the fact that the rope can slip on the pulley, hence, friction-less, like I said, you don't understand what a friction-less pulley is
>>
>>8082266
so would it be
A 100% height
then
B 100% height
then finally
C 100% height
without friction?

what about with friction?
>>
>>8082262
sorry i only took physics for health sciences and we didnt fucking spend our time ejaculating all over frictionless pullies and men hoisting ropes like you apparently did
>>
>>8082278
>I was wrong so now I'm going to just insult you to feel better
good job anon
>>
C because friction
>>
>>8082223
How the fuck is that stable? C is going to drop and lift A and B, even without anyone pulling on the rope.
>>
>>8082278
Why can you health """""""science""""""" majors just admit when you're wrong instead of going on the offensive?
>>
>>8082223
If A weighs -20, B -40, and C -60, which would drop first if the pulleys were mounted on the floor?
>>
>>8082223
C will lift first, because the force of the man pulling must first propagate through the rope. This force front will first encounter the 60 kg mass, therefore it will lift first.

Nowhere does it say they have to be lifted all the way to the top. Just which lifts first.
>>
>>8082239
This
>>
>>8082278
Autism
>>
>>8082223
a
>>
>>8082239
if it is pulled faster than the speed of sound then it would be C anyways
>>
>>8082223
Anyone who doesnt say A is either trolling, or has no buisiness posting on /sci/.

>hurr but friction

Look at the fucking picture, those are clearly pulleys on both ends. Unless the bearings in said pulleys are welded in position or heavily rusted you can disreguard friction through them.
>>
>>8082635
What if C weighed 1 ton? Would it still lift first you dunce? You can say that's irrelevant all you want but its not. The only thing that would change in that situation is the amount of force required to lift C when it raises LAST.
>>
>>8082233
If you plan on becoming an engineer please tell me what state you live in so i can move far away from any mechanical systems you may have a hand in designing.
>>
>>8082288
This, this system doesn't make any sense to start with.
>>
>>8082854
what if it's pulled faster than the speed of light
>>
>>8082993
Then the rope would stretch to infinity while bursting into flames from atmposheric resistance and the universe would implode.
>>
So is it A or C. Why can these threads never state an answer but just result in Insulting other people's answers.
>>
>>8082288
If no one is there then all the weights will drop because one end of the rope is loose.
>>
File: LITER BOTTLE PUZZLE.png (69KB, 1476x1616px) Image search: [Google]
LITER BOTTLE PUZZLE.png
69KB, 1476x1616px
>>8082223
You should know this.
>>
this is not a stable setup
a and b go up all the way to the top and c goes down. no matter what you do. when you pull, c goes up
>>
>>8083015
All the scales read their own weight (minus the weight of the water their volume displaces) as they all float to the surface.

EZPZ
>>
>>8083009
Its A, unless you want to troll people, then its C
>>
>>8082223
A will lift first, even without pulling the rope.

If everything is in equilibrium and the man pulls, all 3 will be lifted at once.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.