[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PhD Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1460336155365.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460336155365.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
I really do love mathematics, but my passion is repeated integration, triple and quadruple integrals specifically. I really don't feel that they get the recognition they deserve, and that they really are powerful tools, even more abstract, higher level mathematics can be encapsulated with their power and beauty, but disconcertingly, most other mathematicians just haven't seen this yet. Hell, just consider how they so beautifully they encapsulate all of space. Furthermore, they give us infinite precision, which let's us have the power to encode arbitrary structures within space. You could even encode and solve deep algebraic conjectures with these tools, which I find immensely beautiful since it shows a deep connection between the discrete and continuous, and this isn't even yet getting into their application in physics along with the underlying truths that triple and quadruple integrals imply about our physical reality, but sadly, it seems no one else will believe me on this since most other mathematicians like to use their ad hoc tools for solving problems, and even if I do get accepted into graduate school, I don't believe I'll be able to get my advisor to let research this topic that I truthfully do love.

What am I to do?
>>
>>8081816
>You could even encode and solve deep algebraic conjectures with these tools

As an undergrad I have to day this isn't making sense to me. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>8081951
It's a fucking meme. He wants to get a PhD in triple integrals. Lurk moar
>>
>>8081951
it's a /sci/ meme that more than three years old
>>
>quadruple

fucking brainlets on this board.
>>
>>8081816
Go into the study of Barnett spaces, they're all the rage:
[eqn] \mathcal{B} \equiv \left\{ f \colon X \to \mathcal{A} \ \middle| \ \iiint_{\mathbb{Q}^3} f \, \mathrm{d}^3 \mu = \frac{\mathrm{e}^{i\pi}}{11.999\ldots} \right\} \, , [/eqn]where [math]X[/math] is a Banach space and [math]\mathcal{A}[/math] is a Banach algebra.
>>
>>8082109
tpkk
>>
>>8082109
[math]\mathcal B[/math] is the set of Barnet integrable functions, not Barnett spaces in general you fucking cretin
>>
>>8082109
Barnett Cohomology is where it is at.
>>
>>8081816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZO0WWULLA
>>
>>8081816
>. You could even encode and solve deep algebraic conjectures with these tools

This is actually true, although above the average level of /sci/.

Stokes' Theorem is what allows you induce the isomorphism between deRham Cohomology groups and the usual Singular Cohomology groups.
You can also express Poincare Duality by just using integrals. Also some interesting things in Hodge theory, etc.
>>
File: jacob-barnett-300.jpg (13KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
jacob-barnett-300.jpg
13KB, 300x359px
>lets make fun of a kid who attained a full PhD level education in the same time it took us to reach high school

what took you years, took him weeks

what took you months, took him days

what took you days, took him minutes

what took you hours, took him seconds

just try and let that sink in... how scintillating his intellect is, and how so profoundly inferior your own mind is in comparison

also he is predicted to have a nobel prize and field medal within 10 years, and he has a kawaii girlfriend
>>
>>8082198
I thought he flunked out of his PhD program and never got a real degree. He also got really autistic as he got older.
>>
>>8082207
that's just what buttsuffering brainlets spread around to reinforce their own denail and insecurities

they cant accept that someone younger than them has a photographic memory and an IQ over 170 and has more potential to change the world than they will ever have due to an innate talent :(
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.