[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can entropy be reversed, /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 16667.jpg (6KB, 192x239px) Image search: [Google]
16667.jpg
6KB, 192x239px
Can entropy be reversed, /sci/?
>>
>>8073084
Of course.
>>
entropy can never happen because of gravity
>>
Yes

Its called life

Another question: should the criteria for a thing being life be changed to simply "something that actively resists entropy"? That whole 6 characteristics of life thing has too many exceptions for my autistic brain desu
>>
>>8073084
There is yet insufficient evidence for a meaningful answer.
>>
Maxwell's demon is a bitch
>>
Entropy will reverse with the Big Crunch
>>
We don't know. There is no way to tell for certain if the laws of physics are universally true.
>>
>>8073137
What if laws are like in real life where they only apply to certain jurisdictions?
>>
>>8073124
This
>>
>>8073095
life is entropically favorable (or else it wouldnt happen)

>>8073084
yes, although i am still working on my theory

we use a large hive of 50 qubit quantum computers to simulate the reversal of entropy in the universe (i calculate that at least 5000 qubits will be required to do this), and in doing so, the real universal entropy will also be reversed, simply by calculating this outcome.
>>
>>8073163
essentially it would be an "inception" scenario

reversal of entropy in reality via reversal of entropy in a simulation

this would work by having the quantum computers calculate the reversal of entropy of calculating the reversal of entropy

in short by calculating the reversal of entropy of their own calculations, they will in fact reverse their own entropy.
>>
>>8073084
Same answer as to the question:
"Can OP get heterosexual?"
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 709x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 709x582px
>>8073169
>>
>>8073095
> it's called life

Literally the most cretinous cringe worthy answer. The fact that someone actually supported this vomit just goes to show the charlatanism and general pretention on /sci/.

t. absolutely disgusting
>>
>>8073252
helpful note
the "t." means "signed:"
you just wrote "I'm absolutely disgusting", which is most likely true
>>
File: Starry Night.jpg (803KB, 2304x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Starry Night.jpg
803KB, 2304x1440px
>>8073084
There is yet insufficient data for meaningful answer.
>>
>>8073084

Life is a reverse entropy.
>>
>>8074249
i thought it was short for /thread, sorry ;/
>>
>>8074287
false. life (metabolic processes) increase entropy more than if they did not occur, which is why it occurs at all ;)
>>
>>8074295
yup, you're right anon

Thermodynamics: 1
Creationists: 0
>>
>>8074287
> life decreases local entropy
Ftfy
>>
>life

You fucking retards.

There's a fuckton of systems that lower local entropy naturally.

We're obviously talking about UNIVERSAL entropy goddamn niggers.
>>
File: 49-life-entropy.png (75KB, 850x225px) Image search: [Google]
49-life-entropy.png
75KB, 850x225px
>>8073252
You really don't understant what life is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_and_life#Negative_entropy
>>
>>8074363
it takes energy to make that matter. Life increases entropy more than if it did not exist.
>>
File: mercury-transit-2016-50legault.jpg (126KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mercury-transit-2016-50legault.jpg
126KB, 1000x1000px
>>8074347

OP asked : " Can entropy be reversed ? "

Life is a valid answer but i understand that it's a complex concept for normies.
>>
>>8074288
underage and/or newfag?
>>
>>8074363
and you have no idea what entropy is. does anyone on this board actually in academia or is all 15 year-old autistic kids who think they know everything?
>>
>>8073153
>>pol>>
>>
>>8073084
Nah, spent energy is spent energy.

The universe will get cold and die, that's unavoidable.
>>
>>8073084
Locally entropy is decreased in lots if chemical reactions all over the world. On a global scale, no. However entropy is fundamentally a statistical phenomenon, so there is always a small (but non zero) probability that the universe will spontaneously evolve into a state of lower entropy, that's an incredibly small probability though.
>>
>>8074432
will time exist during the heat death?
will time reverse during the big crunch?
If big crunch reverses time wouldn't that be reversing entropy?

Also, wouldn't universal reversal of entropy be universal reversal of time? Would we even be able to perceive of measure this happening? Entropy/time could be reversing right now or all the time or maybe every 5 minutes or some other regular interval but we'd never know.

The question OP wants to ask is, can we reverse entropy universally while excluding a localized area? The inverse is true, we can reverse entropy locally. So why not?
>>
never ask someone who isn't an expert about entropy

you will always get the wrong answer
>>
>>8073124
only correct answer
>>
>>8073084

You can't decrease the entropy of the universe, but by conjoining processes you can make thermodynamically unfavourable reactions happen.
>>
>>8073084
Apply organised and meaningful energy
>>
>>8074410
actually this board is for 15 year old autistic spergs that are in academia

that's the problem, they just hear and repeat with no understanding
>>
>>8073084
>Can entropy be reversed, /sci/?
Yes.

Locally, that is.

Has everyone forgotten someone got a Nobel prize for this work?? Hint: chemical oscillators.
>>
This thread would make every biochemistry professor sad :/
>>
>>8074371
Entropy is almost never maximised. If there is a lower accessible state for the internal energy then entropy is reversed from the maximum to drive the system to a lower Gibbs energy. This happens every time shit freezes which happens naturally, "life" is in fact a piss poor example and generally wrong as most metabolic processes increase local entropy, but you would only know that if you put down the shitty pop-sci books for once.

The question is retarded if you aren't talking about universal entropy, and only normies like you with no understanding of thermodynamics would think otherwise.
>>
File: 1307272964288.png (564KB, 2176x1770px) Image search: [Google]
1307272964288.png
564KB, 2176x1770px
>>8073084

Yes, all you need are little girls
>>
>>8074685
Also Physics professors.
>>
>>8073084
>microscopically
yes
>macrostopically
yes but the odds of that happening are 10^10^10^10^10^10^10^10^10^10^10^10 to 1
>>
Yportne
>>
>>8074249
I thought it meant terveisen famalam
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.