[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /sci/, you're my only hope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: coursework.png (15KB, 598x252px) Image search: [Google]
coursework.png
15KB, 598x252px
What is the voltage at point A? How would you calculate it?
>>
88 Volts
>>
>>8072817
I know for a fact the peak voltage is around 21.9V
What I'm really looking for is how to get there
>>
>>8072815
24V - 2 diode drops so 23~22.6V
>>
>>8072862
That's what I thought, but no, because the sim software I'm using says otherwise
>>
>>8072885
>trusting the shit that is multisim
>>
>>8072885
REG1 is loading it
>>
>>8072815
>using SPICE
>>
File: 1N400X.png (20KB, 384x280px) Image search: [Google]
1N400X.png
20KB, 384x280px
>>8072825
You would need the peak current flowing through the diodes and their Vf-If diagram. This current is the sum of I1 and the 100Hz pulse current that periodically charges C1. At higher currents a drop of about 1V per diode is a realistic value for Si diodes.
>>
>3mF capacitor
What the fuck are you building OP
>>
File: 3m3.jpg (3KB, 116x84px) Image search: [Google]
3m3.jpg
3KB, 116x84px
Minimum value of a 3m3±10% capacitor, not unusual.
>>
Engineer here

In order to know the exact value you would have to know the Rin of REG1. Then you would need a mathematical form of the input signal (A rectified sin), then just use laplace to find out the response

well it also depends on whether you are considering REG1 attached or not.

if not,

y(t) = |sin(wt)|-2*Vd
(there's no point in asking what voltage it has, because it changes. you can have the max, the min, and the average)

>>8073629
are you blind? it's a AC/DC converter
>>
>>8073828
>Then you would need a mathematical form of the input signal (A rectified sin), then just use laplace to find out the response
>then just use laplace to find out the response
>"""just"""
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.