[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is "mathematical intuition" and how do I get it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 240x240px
What is "mathematical intuition" and how do I get it?
>>
>>8062748
>how do I get it?
>he wasn't born with mathematical intuition

you don't, you wait for your reincarnation.
>>
Autism, and get more vaccines.
>>
I don't know whether gorillaposters are sincere or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

A sincere answer is that you are either born with it, like the fortunate few, or you work hard & practice a lot. For #2 to work you clearly have to enjoy mathematics so that you can actually spend a substantial amount of your time/life to playing/practicing/experimenting with mathematics.
>>
>>8062760
Do vaccines really cause autism?
>>
>>8062789
yeah
>>
>>8062813
Wow that's scary. Why are they still legal?
>>
>>8062842
Because it creates a market for the treatment of autism, and even those people who don't get autism pay for the vaccines. You don't actually think the FDA is there to protect YOU, do you?
>>
>>8062748
'who cares?' and 'you don't'
b/c you're a gorilla posting fagget in need of permaban
>>
It's the gut feeling you get when ur up during real nigga hours studying cusp forms
>>
>>8062760>>8062789
>>8062813>>8062842
>>8062848
This is some higher-level trolling.
>>
Do lots of math. Reflect on problem solving techniques you have used and why they work.
>>
File: Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg (2MB, 5100x3996px) Image search: [Google]
Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg
2MB, 5100x3996px
>>8062848
>treatment of autism
Nonono. Not at all. The conspiracy is to produce more autism. Because needed.

>>8062748
>how do I get it?
Intuition, the way I experience it, involves a lot of association. Things "feel right" because there is symmetry, simplicity, elegance and all the other working things share the same qualities.

E=mc^2 -- not a 50 line equation. Simplicity is the thing.

So you need to read up a lot of many things. Including art. Appreciate elegance. Seek simplicity. Aim for the brevity of a haiku.

I am not a pilot or aircraft designer, yet everyone will instinctively see that the legendary Blackbird has this quality of feeling "right". And it sure was right - hammering across the entire width of the Soviet Union at 3+ times the speed of sound and with utter impunity. And Kelly Johnson aimed for brevity.
>>
>>8062748
How about trying tons of practice?
>>
Just really really love doing math. Don't see it as work think about how you could apply maths in any situation of your life. It comes naturally then
>>
>>8064181
quality post anon
>>
>>8064181
He's right

Mathematics will only "just come to you" if you allow it, try to look at the study as it's own world, separate from our own. I like to think of it as when the people the movie "The Matrix" are able to read the code like nothing when normies have no idea whats going on. All it takes is foals, hard work time.
>>
>>8062748
"Intuition" is just a buzzword used by brainlets.
>>
My senior year of high school, I spent tons of hours during free periods, lunch, and after school trying problems from past AIMEs. Before that, I spent a lot of time solving project Euler problems. Before that, I would program everything I could think of on my TI-84 (directly on the calculator because I was a dumbass). Now, surprise surprise, I'm "naturally" good at math.

Find a problem. Solve it. Then solve it better. Then find another problem and repeat. Keep doing this for hours, day after day. Every time you solve a problem, remember what you did, what worked, and why. Every time you have to look up a solution, pay close attention to how they got there. But mostly, just fucking practice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.