[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were Dinosaurs Real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: tyrannosaurus-rex-info-graphic.png (56KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
tyrannosaurus-rex-info-graphic.png
56KB, 800x388px
I know. embarrassing.

My Brother, bless him, has recently discovered Youtube (he's 46). Anyway, today he tells me..

>big lizard dinosaurs are fake
>the chinese created false bones for sale to museums
>they used whale bones or giraffe bones to create fake dinosaur blueprints
>there is not one single full skeleton of a large lizard-like dinosaur (t-rex etc)

Oh and my favourite

>"they" stuck an iguanas head on some bones to create a false dinosaur

Basically he thinks it's all one big conspiracy.

I know he has gone crazy, but, tbf, I couldn't actually offer evidence to the contrary.

So.. can you give me some proof that the big dinosaurs were real so I can a) shut him up, and b) point him in the right direction.
>>
>>8061590
No.

He's absolutely right.
>>
>>8061590
Why don't you go to your local natural history museum and have your brother talk to a curator?
>>
is it just (non-avian) Dinosaurs or does he believe all paleofauna (maybe even flora?) is fake?
>>
>>8061590
donald trump made the chinese so they could sell fake bones every body knows this
>>
>>8061599
Just the big lizardy mofos. He says the mammals and birds were real.

>>8061596
I was hoping there was an easier way desu.
>>
>>8061590
I was heavily doctrinated into the christian religion against my will and still struggle with the idea of dinosaurs. I know its evident that they are real my gut always tells me "If dinosaurs are real, why weren't they an integral part of the bible?" I have long fallen out of the christian religion but I just wanted to prove its possible for people to struggle with th once existence of dinosaurs.
>>
>>8061609
the beginning point can be to just to challenge this conspiracy theory on it's own justification.

Faking thousands of data points, in thousands of scientific papers in several disciplines, with thousands of people involved, coordinating it over literally several hundred years, cross-matching everything to trick the whole world into believing in the existence of a seemingly random clade of Archosaurs, in order to ... ???
For no apparent purpose. Pulling off the biggest scientific conspiracy just for the sake of lying.
>>
>>8061637
That's all I could say..

>are you saying that all scientist are lying?

I know he's being stupid, I just couldn't offer facts.

Here's the video he watched..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KXzgeq1BuA

I actually feel sad that a member of my family has sunk to such depths.
>>
>>8061590
>>the chinese created false bones for sale to museums
right, so western societies have no "false bones" to sell, only the chinese profit, that makes sense.

>>they used whale bones or giraffe bones to create fake dinosaur blueprints
>whale bones
>t-rex skull

>>there is not one single full skeleton of a large lizard-like dinosaur (t-rex etc)
u wot

>iguanas head
>triceratops "false" skull

>modern conspiracy of false dinos to increase sales
>bones have been dated to millions of years ago
>fake dinosaurs were made from fossils of "whales" and "giraffes" that lived millions of years ago
>fake bones that were found so much in abundance that the evil chinese were able to construct perfectly symmetrical morphological anatomies, so perfect that it might as well be a fake new imaginary species!

No offense, but your brother must the dumb af. Judging from the chinese conspiracy stuff, is he a Trump supporter? That would somehow explain this predicament. Otherwise you might want to welcome him as the new member of /x/.
>>
>>8061689
I know. It's ridiculous.

I'm about to watch the video just to see how bad it is.

What worries me is.. when I laughed it off, he got really defensive and angry. It's a 30 minute YT video ffs. I fear his mind may be cracking.
>>
>>8062417
OP here.

I've watched the video in question. /thread. My bro is retarded. No help is needed.

Thanks for the replies.
>>
>>8061596
>Why don't you go to your local natural history museum and have your brother talk to a curator?
>>8061609
>I was hoping there was an easier way desu.

Coming to /sci/ might be easier, but it's not likely to be effective.
If he's gone "truther" on dinosaurs, it's gonna take something more convincing than a chat board to straighten him out.
>>
File: XYMgRMk.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
XYMgRMk.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
>>8061614
Ex-Catholic here.
The Catholic faith takes the position that Genesis in particular isn't meant to be treated as literal truth, nor is it meant to include everything that happened between creation and Moses.
Hope that helps.
>>
>>8062495
hope you know that image is fake
>>
File: 0awQ95e.png (342KB, 686x448px) Image search: [Google]
0awQ95e.png
342KB, 686x448px
>>8062500
>hope you know that image is fake
Nah, I'm pretty sure they don't let people lie on the internet.
:^)
>>
>>8061590
>dinossaur blueprints

top lel
>>
>>8062417
If he can believe that then his credulity has no limits. Maybe when he realises it's bullshit he'll be inoculated against the rest of it (flat earth, reptillians, etc.).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.