[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cimate Control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: climate_control.png (42KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
climate_control.png
42KB, 1152x648px
Can this reverse the effects of global warming?
>>
>>8055815
Paint all roads and roofs white. That will slow it down quite a bit.
>>
>>8055821
We'll need to set of mirrors on the oceans as well.
>>
File: 1460213703351.png (172KB, 582x365px) Image search: [Google]
1460213703351.png
172KB, 582x365px
>>8055815
People have thought of his. It really isn't that great of an idea. It's not fixing the main issue with global warming : greenhouse gases. Also if you take a fuck load of mirrors and throw them into space how the fuck will plants grow?

One of the best ways to combat climate change is to take excess CO2 and react it with basalt. The problem is that right now it's too expensive to do and no one really has a good idea of how to excessive atmospheric CO2 and pump it into the earth.

I'm sure if someone figured it out they'd be a fucking billionaire over night.
>>
>>8055828
No, white things are better. Just throw a shit load of styrofoam into the oceans, enough to cover them.

>>8055830
It is a bandaid, but it is at least a start to slow it down to have time to actually reverse the problem.
>>
>>8055830
Why throw the mirror's in space, when you can place them on the ocean, large desert, or polar caps?
>>
File: 1443792890845.png (253KB, 679x632px) Image search: [Google]
1443792890845.png
253KB, 679x632px
>>8055836
It really wouldn't buy you that much time. It's like putting a band aid over a gunshot.

>>8055838
The idea, at least I get from his picture, is that if you reflect back the light. The best way to do this would be to put them in space.

If you just put them on the ocean you'd probably fry a couple planes or kill a fuck load of birds. Also what good does putting a bunch of mirrors in the desert do if you could just put solar panels there? Why the fuck would you put mirrors where half of the year it's dark?
>>
>>8055845
>If you just put them on the ocean you'd probably fry a couple planes or kill a fuck load of birds.
Angle each mirror so that the intensity of light decreases with distance. (like a ball)

>Also what good does putting a bunch of mirrors in the desert do if you could just put solar panels there
Sounds like a good idea. But is it as cost effective and efficient as putting mirror in the desert.

Why the fuck would you put mirrors where half of the year it's dark?
You would have mirrors distributed around the world.
>>
>>8055845
>It is a bandaid.
>replies by calling it a bandaid.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>8055821
Best bandaid answer. Mirrors is a top kek shit idea
>>
>>8055815
Lockheed Martin's "secret" sub-division, "Skunkworks" is creating a nuclear powerplant about the size of a pickup truck which can generate enough energy to house 100,000 homes. It's said that it's suppose to replace engines such as airplanes and cars which can essentially protrude less excess harmful gases out into our. ecosystem. Take a look at the U.S. Department of Energy's R&D funding. It's a joke.
>>
>>8056040
What does this have to do with mirrors moderating climate change?
>>
>>8055859
>Angle each mirror so that the intensity of light decreases with distance.

This doesn't decrease the power output, only the intensity at a certain spot.
Because it spreads the power output over a larger area, this works with a small number of mirrors, but if you have a large number, such as a number large enough to have any real effect, than this effect is entirely negated. All it does it mean that the intensity at any point (which is unchanged, given enough mirrors) is due to a collection of mirrors, instead of just one.
>>
>>8056132
I see.

Regardless, let's work with a flat mirror setup. The power reflected is at most equal to the incident power. If a bird or plane can handle the radiation coming from above, then I'm sure they can handle double the amount.
>>
>>8056121
>mirrors
>>
It wasn't out of context with climate control necessarily.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.