[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bum bum... bum bum bumbum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: liberty.jpg (82KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
liberty.jpg
82KB, 1200x627px
Starting with the release of Oliver Stone's Snowden, I think a significant amount of people will respond pretty terribly to the idea of being recorded constantly. It'll drive a lot of otherwise healthy people mentally unstable and reclusive, let alone anyone suffering from depression, anxiety, obsessions, compulsions etc etc

At some point no amount over government lies will hide the fact that everyone is being monitored by them and hackers. And the degree to which they will have access will only increase exponentially with technology.

I cannot imagine how much worse AI will make this.

Am I blowing things out of proportion? Am I totally off even?
>>
>>8055396
I felt this topic appropriate for the board given that a good discussion of it requires some understanding of mental health, surveillance technology, and maybe AI.
>>
File: 1329594850935.jpg (6KB, 251x238px) Image search: [Google]
1329594850935.jpg
6KB, 251x238px
>>8055401
Snowden was a terrorist, but so was Bush, so idk.
>>
>>8055396
>tfw the NSA pays someone to read our shitposts
>>
>>8055453
alright thanks
>>
Actually I think surveillance will become the norm and people will stop caring and having secrets. If you can be seen at any time by anyone with a bee-drone, you either go insane or accept it.
>>
if PRISM is real, then they are jacking everything and constantly scanning it
which means they are almost definitely using some kind of AI already
>>
>>8055475
>If PRISM is real
Has anyone doubted if PRISM was real? Ever?
Also I fell like this prolly would have fit better in /g/
>>
>>8055396
>out of proportion
No, that's the one thing you aren't blowing.
>>
File: Prism.jpg (86KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Prism.jpg
86KB, 700x525px
>>8055453
That' some mental illness in the form of perpetual confusion and ignorance right there. Snowden, Assange et al are all part of ongoing Operation Mockingbird.

WW3 is of course the war on the middle class and to reduce the world to 3 species of insect like human, the elite, the peon and the police.

Anyway, I digress, check it out...it's science to the core, I should know having graduated with an electronics diploma just in time to see the industry completely outsourced to the third world where the spy chips are now made. People simply cannot fight what they don't understand and never will.
http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/sw4qw/index.shtml
>This publication marks the 25th anniversary of the Third World War, called the "Quiet War", being conducted using subjective biological warfare, fought with "silent weapons."

>>8055590
Interdasting times we live in!
>>
>>8055475
From what leaks there have been and what has since been detailed, they are just skimming everything and keeping it all. They thought this would be a great idea for stopping terrorism or whatever: all this data that can be used to find criminals, etc., etc. In reality, it has led to data paralysis; there is just so much shit that it is nearly impossible to find anything relevant to any given case and they are burning money to keep spying uselessly on everyone.
>>
>>8055627
This, the main people who will ever read your private blog or whatever are going to be historians and AI going through the leftovers of our era a century or more in the future.
>>
>>8055396
You're pretty much right, OP. The big problem that nobody's noticed yet is depression. Meteors are taken seriously because their potential to end life is obvious. Not so with depression. Industrialized corporatism is slowly but surely eroding our will to live, and it's not going to stop until every person is known and categorized and left to rot in their box.
>>
>>8055473
I totally agree, but I think the amount of people unable to cope with it will be very high
>>
>>8055601
HA
>>
>>8055645
I hadn't thought of that, how it could potentially be used for history at the scientific level.
>>
>>8055396
Nah, it'll all stay the same.
Before Snowden we all knew that facebook is like your digital profile to the big brother, and that google tracks you. Snowden had to come and demistify the taboo but still people is using facebook. There is a Linux group on facebook and people talk about security there, for fuck's sake. People don't care. Look at the facebook population, they really don't seem the people who'd give a shit about having shady guys in trenchcoats spy on them.
Ever watched Enemy of the State? Or any other god damn hollywood movie for that matter. They're surveillance heavy, they are exactly the kind of propaganda that a modern Orwellian state would use to tell you "We are watching you".
>>
>>8055455
>tfw we are fighting NSA mass survelliance by shitposting
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.