[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics on airplanes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Tech-Explained-Box-F150.jpg (53KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Explained-Box-F150.jpg
53KB, 640x300px
why dont airplanes have rotated formula 1 spoilers as wings if they are so great for pushing the cars to the tarmac?
>>
>>8038399
But thats basically what wings are
>>
>>8038402
but they arent shaped like that though, and airplanes have to be angled upwards to maintain altitude using a normal wing
>>
using a spoiler will increase lift
>>
>>8038407
>but they arent shaped like that though
The thing you have circled looks like a pretty standard wing from as much as I can see.

>and airplanes have to be angled upwards to maintain altitude
No, they dont?
>>
>>8038416
http://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/2726/why-do-airliners-pitch-up-during-cruise
>>
>>8038422
wings push air downward
Putting a wing like that on a plane would cause shittons of drag.
You don't care about drag on an F1 car since your fucking dead if the car lifts off the ground
>>
>>8038422
Passenger jets at cruising altitude might have to do that, but it certainly isnt universally true of all planes at all altitudes. Ive flown planes, You can maintain altitude with level flight
>>
>>8038433
but you can angle the spoiler so that it doesnt create as much drag

haven't you seen how formula 1 cars work?
>>
>>8038447
but that isnt fuel economic, then you have to travel faster to increase the low pressure over the wing and generate lift
>>
>>8038399
>what are flaps
but then again you're just a shitposting tripfag
sage
>>
>>8038399
because you want to go forward
>>
File: autism.gif (140KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
140KB, 165x115px
>>8038433
How do stunt planes fly upside-down then, genius?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.