[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/, what is some good math or chemistry related lectures to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: calculus lecture.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
calculus lecture.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
/sci/, what is some good math or chemistry related lectures to watch? I'm in calculus 1 right now and my professor is not a very good lecturer, so I would like some material to watch on my own (I actually like watching math)

Same with chemistry. Or if there are more entertainment based math/chemistry channels, I'd be interested in those too.

If you just have a general favorite lecture series you want to share, also post that. Basically

Lecture Series General
>>
I like the MIT ocw lectures for single variable calculus. I heard that some like the buff dude for calculus(idk the name of the youtube channel). Unaware of any chemistry lectures that are good. Also, tbqh would recommend learning from a textbook rather than from a person.
>>
>>8038151
Learn from a book rather than a video. You will take in half as much sitting and watching rather than reading, and there's much more space in a book to explain the subtleties.
>>
>>8038183
This, and if you read something several times and don't understand, then you can look into other sources for that topic like videos
>>
>>8038173
Its Professor Leonard. He's pretty good for basic calculus. However, I agrew with what >>8038183 said. Books adjust to your pace and videos dont.
>>
>>8038189
>>8038193

The book we were given is Stewart's, which is honestly kind of weird to read. I read it for studying and then do the problem sets, but I feel like I would have a tough time learning from that book alone with I didn't have the lecture.

I tried Spivak's but I feel like I don't have the mathematical maturity for it. What else is there?
>>
>>8038201
Apostol and Spivak are the two most popular ones for self-study. I've had a room mate who has read Elementary Calculus by Kiesler (https://www.math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html) but never read it myself. I would recommend Calculus by Morris Kline. It gives quite a few application-based problems and makes it easier to digest for some. Also as a chemistry major I feel partial toward Chang and Brown. I read them together and it gives a thorough understanding of general chemistry. I read and took notes on Chang and did the exercises for it first then went to Brown as the style of questions in Brown is a little different
>>
>>8038193
>videos don't adjust to your pace
what is the pause button
what is the rewind button
>>
>>8038241
Don't be facetious.
>>
>>8038241
Wow, people this stupid generally don't kbow how to type. I guess you're a different type of stupid, maybe a special kind?
>>
>>8038151
That's a cute lecturer, would bang.
>>
/sci/ this is somewhat unrelated but how do I find out what period a particular transition metal belongs to?
>>
>>8038201
Tbh, Spivak's non-calculus related sections are typically the hardest for beginners (which are the first two chapters). If you're having a hard time then pick up a book for helping you with proofs.
>>
>>8038945
Any recommendations on proofs?
>>
>>8039375
Hammack Book of Proof is typically recommended as its free in PDF form
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.