[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on ASMR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: washdicktoothbrush.jpg (26KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
washdicktoothbrush.jpg
26KB, 450x470px
Thoughts on ASMR?
>>
tried a few different ASMR videos on jewtube, chilled me out for a while, but vids that aren't roleplaying tend to get off track with what they say and throw off the relaxing vibe
>>
>>8037658
I used to not care for them at all and found them a waste of time

but recently, like in the last month, I got into them and started watching more.

What I used to find boring I now find... relaxing. still boring I guess, but in a good way.
>>
>>8037658
The fist time was amazing, now it doesn't produce something in me.
>>
>>8037658
The amount of people who claim to feel the sensation vastly outnumbers the estimation of the actual number of people who can even experience it.
It's probably a vestigial trait that is being unknowingly bred out, or a relatively new trait that spread without much notice.
I personally have experienced those "tingles," which I describe as a shiver originating at the shoulders or scalp when in the presence of calm motherly voices since a very young age, and I never knew what to call it. It's pretty interesting, but I doubt it has very much serious application, especially now the hippie crystal retards have gotten hold of it and claim it to be spiritually healing or some shit like that.
But if you actually read some of the research on what actually triggers the sensation, you can make bank doing menial shit in front of a microphone for 40 minutes.
>>
Shit's been helping me sleep for like 4 months now, wether it produces tingles (i really would have to concentrate) or not so i'd say it's just some new relaxing technique
>>
File: 1455388211303.jpg (230KB, 1014x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1455388211303.jpg
230KB, 1014x1014px
>>8037658
Been using it for about 2 years now to go to sleep. Feels like I'm cheating when I can go to bed in 10 minutes. Used to take me at least an hour
>>
I used to enjoy getting those tingles when I didn't know what they were. Now I'm pretty much desensitized to the feeling. "Asmrtists" are usually just annoying freaks though. The best asmr is when you're not trying to experience asmr.
also this >>8037935
>>
File: copy that.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
copy that.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Back in 2013-2014 I was obsessed, would listen to it every night before bed and it helped me out a lot

Over time I built an immunity to it, so i stopped for a year and i've recently gotten back into it.

The roleplays are over the top and many of the creators are annoying and/or creepy, but the originals like Heather Feather and GentleWhispering are still great at what they do
>>
Make fun of my roommate everyday for watching ASMR videos, shit is too funny
>>
I only listen to pure sounds, i find tapping and scratching extremely relaxing. I listen while reading and studying to shut out my lifelong tinnitus, and i listen before bed just to relax.

I don't know if i get tingles, but there is something inherently satisfying about the sounds, its like an itch in my brain is being scratched. I'd love to see more research into what is actually happening in the brain in response to asmr.
>>
>>8037658
can you guys please post ASMR that you like
>>
File: 1450047659789.jpg (29KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1450047659789.jpg
29KB, 375x305px
I've always had them, ever since I was a kid.

I remember watching one mostly silent ps3 unboxing video every day before sleeping, that stuff made me drop like a rock.

Oddly enough, some of these ASMR channels give me a bit of an overdose effect, a tingle so strong that it's actually uncomfortable. I prefer unintentional stuff, not only because of that, but because the "artificial" stuff is often cringy as fuck.

I doubt we'll ever get any sort of reasonable research on the topic, due to how unimportant the effect is.
>>
>>8037935
>I doubt it has very much serious application, especially now the hippie crystal retards have gotten hold of it and claim it to be spiritually healing or some shit like that.
To be fair, using ASMR for hippie crystal bullshit was around before people even knew what ASMR was.
Case and point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZxCiaLLzfs&list=PL04EE949EDE160DF6
>>
>>8041710
Ah, fuck man I can't stand Heather Feather. Her fucking jew face and shitty anime voice is torture.
But GentleWhispering is a legitimate professional. She's homed on in on the subtleties that make it an experience. Good stuff.
>>
File: 1439134091458.png (743KB, 1384x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1439134091458.png
743KB, 1384x1496px
I mean it's all bullshit, but I listen to it every night to hear a cute girl whisper in my ears. The bad thing is the people who combined it with weird pseudo-medicine like Psychetruth, because it's now more concentrated hippy-dippy bullshit and less cute girls playing around with candy or what the fuck ever.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.