[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would HS be better if there were PHDs teaching there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1438366161079.jpg (18KB, 525x295px) Image search: [Google]
1438366161079.jpg
18KB, 525x295px
Would HS be better if there were PHDs teaching there?
>>
School of Anime
- By Michio Gucci
>>
>>8036244
Undergrads are generally overqualified for that, so not. Alumni segregation by capabilities and skills would make HS better.
>>
My old high school had about a 5:6 PhD to pleb ratio in the sciences. It was called "St Paul's School" and was in richmond i think.

It was kinda weird - what kind of a human is going to spend several years completing a PhD and then spend his vast knowledge tutoring teenage retards?

But it was nice to be able to chat to these experts regularly, and I miss that kind of frequent contact now I'm at uni.
>>
>>8036244 No.

The problem is that HSs are structured purely to have students memorize material that will show up on the tests that determine the budget of HSs.
And how to efficiently memorize material isn't part of those tests. So they don't bother teaching it. Which only exasperates the problem.
>>
>>8036556

only bad HS
>>
>>8036688
>implying
>>
>>8036700

yes, I am.

I'm implying you went to a shit HS. which you did.
>>
>>8036718
3 different HSs by the powers of military brat.
Two of them were the "best" in their school district, and other was "good" enough to have an actual budget.
Any HS that tries to actually teach fail pretty quickly. It turns out you need money to do stuff.
>>
The problem with high school is high schoolers.
>>
>>8036723
>Two of them were the "best" in their school district
I went to one like that too. It turns out public high schools in rural Georgia can only be so good, so it's not a big statement.
>>
>>8036244
maybe. anecdote, but i had 3 PhD teachers in HS. All 3 were brilliant but one of them was an absolutely awful teacher. in most cases probably a waste of their knowledge to handhold dumb kids with no intention of learning through elementary subject matter
>>
>>8036244
No. They're too far removed from the basics and it'd be a waste of skill anyway. Why not just teach postsecondary if you already have a Ph.D.?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.