[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we go to space with a sling shot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Effect_20160428_040605.jpg (830KB, 2500x2014px) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20160428_040605.jpg
830KB, 2500x2014px
Can we go to space with a sling shot?
>>
yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_driver
>>
>>8035972
>Can we go to space
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?
>>
>>8035993
Whoa! This is the coolest thing I have ever seen.
>>
>>8036009
Your mother and I
>>
>>8035993
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_driver
the future of guns?
>>
>>8035972
Sure, but you wouldnt stay there unless you had rockets to burn for orbit
>>
> All existing and contemplated mass drivers use coils of wire energized by electricity to make electromagnets. Sequential firing of a row of electromagnets accelerates the payload along a path.
Where are these >:O
>>
>>8035972
No, because the twin towers don't exist anymore
>>
>>8036179
The navy is putting one on a battleship.
>>
>>8035972
you could literally calculate a rough example by using Hooke's law to find what spring constant you would need to force a mass hard enough that when it leaves the slingshot it would need to go the distance from the ground to space. You could even neglect air resistance to give yourself a rough lower bound to give you a ball park idea of what kinda sling shot you'd need.
>>
File: king of the lel.jpg (128KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
king of the lel.jpg
128KB, 679x960px
>>8036014
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.