[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /sci/ can some of you scientists explain to me the science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Multiverse parallel universes.jpg (93KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
Multiverse parallel universes.jpg
93KB, 800x574px
hey /sci/ can some of you scientists explain to me the science and physics behind parallel universes multiverse alternate realities and how they might be real and we could exist in them or apart of them or within it all, thank please help me /sci/ I really want to know this stuff.
>>
>>8023392
Mods ban this spamming faggot
>>
>>8023392
basically there is string theory, which is enormously incomplete (value of the string coupling constant when? exact equations when?) and possibly 100% wrong. Because we know so little about what the theory actually predicts, there is a lot of room for what it could predict.

So people say things like, hey, if string theory turns out to be this way, then it's possible that there are parallel universes.

Which is analogous to saying "hey, that theory which is in its infancy, we don't really know how to use, we don't know if it's correct, and it has never made a correct prediction about something that we didn't already know, well hey guys, hey guys, you guys - listen. guys, come on, listen. if it turns out like this, then it's possible that parallel universes exist"

$.02
>>
>>8023428
where's your theory?
>>
>>8023429
and where's your theory on why elephants are pink and actually have 11 eyes but 9 of them are invisible?

oh, you mean you don't have your own theory on every possible topic (all infinity of them?)
fuck off

i wasn't bashing the science/math in any way, i was only telling the truth about people who talk about parallel universes.
>>
I'm serious guys.... not trying to cause trouble or spam just trying to learn this and know this and figure it out I really want to know if other universes or realities are real and we could exist within or outside of them pleaseee help me /sci/ I really want to know this stuff im just doing it out of goodwill and want to know this to be at peace and to use it for something
>>
We dont have a clue because multiverse theory makes no prediction as to how they might be...
Anything goes I gues
>>
>>8023558
>Anything goes
It doesn't. The moment you talk about alternate realities, you stop being a /sci/entist. It is an >>>/x/-centric topic through and through.
>>
File: Read A Book.jpg (65KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
Read A Book.jpg
65KB, 566x480px
>>8023557
look it up. If it's such an interest of yours, put in the time and effort--do the research. You don't want a discussion, you have nothing to contribute. You want someone to pry open your scalp, observe the colossal abyss void of any knowledge whatsoever, and then for them to dump this information into your head with zero contribution or effort on your end.

Those who *really* want to learn about a topic tend to be those who've studied it and, as a result, know the topic quite well. There's no 'goodwill,' you're not doing jack shit except being a waste of space parasitic blemish on society.
>>
File: 1420943639954.jpg (66KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1420943639954.jpg
66KB, 380x380px
>>8023601
>You want someone to pry open your scalp, observe the colossal abyss void of any knowledge whatsoever

Calm the fuck down aspie
>>
>>8023586
Thats what I am getting at...
>>
Basically quantum mechanics predicts that particles have a probablity of existing in a certain state. Obviously all these probablities must add up to one so the theory is that while a particle may be in one state in one universe, it is in all the other states in other parallel universes.
>>
Yeah
It's pseudoscience created by pseudointellectuals who think they are being deep
no evidence whatsoever in favor
all evidence against
>>
Multiverse =/= Many-worlds
>>
The math of the Theory of everything gives you gibberish, unless you enter the probability of other dimensions, if we could give you the absolute answer, we would!
What did you mean when you say "use it for something?" Just curious.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.