[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people rather believe what an arrogant anonymous person on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: gorilla-wallpaper-hd.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla-wallpaper-hd.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>people rather believe what an arrogant anonymous person on the internet says, than to listen to their professor or people who have actual experience

I don't judge anyone for this. I just want to know if there is a psychological basis for this.
>>
>>8022733
Is bearposting dead? Bearposters seem to have surrendered completely, since we don't see any of them anymore.
>>
>>8022733
yeah there is, its called ignorance
>>
>>8022743
Yeah but why are people this ignorant?
>>
>>8022745
because they rather live in their own fantasy box than face reality

thats literally what 4chan is
>>
What are you talking about OP?
This is very vague, you sound like you have a couple specific examples in mind though.
>>
>>8022754
Not OP, but people believing [math] .999 \ldots \neq 1 [/math], and even vehemently arguing their position, is an example.
>>
>>8022733
Here's the deal, OP. People who will go to every length to get the correct answer to a question are very rare. I'm no psychologist, but the way I think about it is: people have biases, and thus, they'll subconsciously accept what best fits their narrative. A good answer to a tough question involves finding the most objective answer a person can come. This would involve talking to a person with experience, who has in-depth knowledge on the subject. But an answer from a truly experienced person is complicated and involves you having to set aside your own biases. Its so much easier to find a short answer that seems to make sense. Most people just don't want to put in all That effort. It's natural that you'd want to conserve as much of your energy.
>>
I listened to my professors at harvard.
Because they were red pilled as fuck.
We learned that girls cant rotate an object in 3d in their heads to save their lives and that whites, blacks, asians are very different in a plethora of ways
Who wouldnt listen to that?
>>
File: 1459493969655.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1459493969655.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
>>8022733
>he needs someone to tell him what to believe
>he doesn't do his own research
get a load of this brainlet
>>
motivated reasoning, perhaps
we're all guilty, in some ways
>>
>>8022754
>What are you talking about OP?

I'm not OP, but it sounds like he's describing the "redpill" meme, i.e. believing any anonymous retard about anything as long as it is edgier than the "official version."
>>
Maybe its that the internet strangers poses a greater threat to their ego, because the stranger will be derogatory towards their abilities if they disagree, while a professor takes on a less intimidating role.

So if the person is non confrontational or sensitive to criticism they'd rather defend their position against a professor who wont out rightly deride them as opposed to the mean mean internet man
>>
File: HIGH IQ SCI BEAR.jpg (120KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
HIGH IQ SCI BEAR.jpg
120KB, 600x440px
>>8022742

We lost the battle, but not the war!
>>
>>8022742

Because of the mods is a gorilla sympathizing fag and always deletes bear posts.
>>
I think confirmation bias plays a role. Attending lecturs can be rigorous and dull the subject, but listening to your peers speculate and being able to join in is entertaining.
>>
>>8023238
We will win the war
>>
File: 1460599891536.jpg (182KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460599891536.jpg
182KB, 1600x1200px
>>8023260

I like this meme
>>
>>8022749
to some, maybe

>(You)
>>
>>8022948
I come for contrarian opinions often, it's interesting to hear both sides and I think reading all these arguments is good. Anything you believe should be able to withstand and defeat a thorough argument,

>that's why I'm a athiest!!!!1!!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.