[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are insane people stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Are insane people stupid?
>>
>>8022273
They are very smart, you are just too much of a brainlet to understand them.
>>
>>8022273
Are sane people smart? My question makes as much sense as yours
>>
Are stupid people insane?
>>
>>8022273
No just crazy
>>
>>8022273
Are smart people stupid?
>>
I have this quote that totally describes lines, genius and madness.

It's effective and has so far convinced every teenaged edgemaster think he's a psychopathic genius.

See "the joker" for more details.
>>
>be me
>psychotic
>get put in isolation
>no mattresses on the walls
>no straitjacket
all my disappointment
>>
It depends on how you define insane.

If by that you mean people with schizophrenia or schizoaffective, then not necessarily, but their average IQ is almost in the borderline retarded range. Many cognitive impairments in other areas are also often evident, and are oftentimes severe.
However, if you mean just psychotic - then it varies a lot from one disorder to another.

For example, someone with bipolar psychosis usually has about an average IQ. Same with delusional disorder, and brief psychotic disorder (the type of insanity that is often triggered by severe stress, and doesn't last long).

Some classifications (like the French one) also define developmental disorders like autism as being a form of psychosis (see psychose infantile), although this is widely disputed and goes against the modern classifications used by most developed countries, where such a classification was abandoned.
>>
>>8022296
>no straitjacket
You're mum was too poor to buy one
>>
>>8022298
>>8022288
Smells like someone with schizophrenia is not taking his anti-psychotic medication. It's pretty evident seeing how disorganized and at time nonsensical the speech is in these posts.

Take the fucking medication or stop posting on the Internet. The Internet is not a garbage.
>>
>>8022311
Smells like someone with a huge rod up his ass. Do me a favor and twist it around for a bit.
>>
>>8022321
Being obsessed with feces is one of the symptoms of schizophrenia. It's called coprophagia.
>>
>>8022273
By definition, their reasoning abilities and/or pattern recognition is either abnormal or completely defective.
>>
>>8022297
That's part of why it's interesting that a genius like John Nash had schizophrenia.
>>
>>8022724
Well, as in every population, intelligence follows the Gaussian distribution among the schizophrenics. Of course, there will be some rare cases of schizophrenics with a very high IQ, like John Nash or the infamous Unabomber (Ted Kaczynski). But these cases are very rare.

Not to mention, as IQ increases, the chances of having schizophrenia drop dramatically, according to the recent studies.
>>
>>8022273
Do people who like apples have long fingernails?

Insane v. sane and stupid v. smart are independent, though possibly correlated (but I doubt it), metrics. But I think you were asking not about correlation (are most insane people also stupid?) but rather about definitions (does being insane mean that one is stupid?), in which case the answer is no. They are separate concepts.
>>
>>8022273
They have a different basis for logic. That doesn't mean that all insane are smart.

The only difference between genius and madman is that tje genius has gotten his point across
>>
>>8022872
False analogy and fallacious reasoning. Psychosis is linked to lower IQ.

>Insane v. sane and stupid v. smart are independent

False. You clearly don't even know what independent means.
>>
>>
File: ogeet.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ogeet.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>8022273
you must be really, like really, I mean REALLY, insane to ask such questions
>>
>>8022934
What table game is this?
>>
>>8022956
What country are you from?
>>
>>8022934
It's red yellow stop.
A bit like slapjack with coins.
>>
>>8022956
Are you from a tribe in fucking central South America or something
>>
If your brain can't handle psychotic thoughts then that means you're dumb

If it can, without making you go insane, perhaps even using these thoughts in strange associative ways, then welcome to the genius club.

It's a matter of how many "crazy" thoughts your brain can handle at one time. If you can do so flawlessly, then you can say hello to an esemplastic mind I guess.
>A version of DARPP-32, a gene that “enhances the ability to think,” as Roger Highfield of Telegraph reports, can be found in the genetic codes of almost three-quarters of people.

>And while the majority of these people will experience cognitive improvements by carrying the gene, scientists have found this gene can also foreshadow a certain set of risks.

>According to Highfield, “the DARPP-32 gene also shaped and controlled a nerve circuit, which links the prefrontal cortex with another brain region, the striatum, and is closely involved with schizophrenia.”
>>
>>8023041
http://www.medicaldaily.com/scientists-find-truth-mad-scientist-stereotype-there-link-between-genius-and-insanity-240684
>>
>>8022333
It's also called Mozart
>>
>>8022844
Hmmm... I guess that makes me special then.
>>
real geniuses just seem/are weird and crazy to lower iq guys.
>>
>>8022872
Is being stupid the same as being insane?
>>
File: 1458859545491s.jpg (3KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1458859545491s.jpg
3KB, 122x125px
how do I tell if I am insane?

must I line someone's back pocket in some way to find out for sure? that doesn't sit right with me.

someone diagnose me for free please.
>>
>>8024215
You are sane.
Go away.
>>
>>8022273
>insane
Qualify that somehow. /sci/ isn't automatically able to decide who is and isn't sane. Try asking on /x/ to see what insane really means to you.
>>
>>8024226
fuck this bull shit I want speed and anti psyche meds
>>
>>8024235
you're going to have to line someone's pocket for those, friend.
>>
>>8024235
Ok ill give you the psyche meds.
Effects include impotence, heart palpitations, malaise, headaches, nasal discharge, detachment and zombification.

Unintended effects may include male lactation, spermicide and death.

Enjoy you nutty fellow, and get back to work.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.