[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magnetic waves cannot affect the human's electrical system.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 4.png (1000KB, 628x788px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1000KB, 628x788px
Magnetic waves cannot affect the human's electrical system.
>>
File: MI0000123384.jpg (22KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000123384.jpg
22KB, 400x396px
>>8022139
>>
>>8022139
The "human electrical system" is not a circuit, but a series of maintained ion gradients which are allowed to diffuse in set patterns to send signals.

Magnetic fields are not nearly as likely to have a pronounced effect as on a classical electrical circuit.
>>
>>8022149
do you mean non-classical?
>>
>>8022149
They can have an effect though in theory
>>
File: 1310483412100[1].jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100[1].jpg
34KB, 413x395px
> human's electrical system
> thinks neurons are cables
>>
>>8022161
a neuron is a small piece of wire
>>
I've read about applied magnetic waves affecting the mind, causing hallucinations and "ghost/god sense".

/x/ magic rock bunk? Or undeniable fact?
>>
>>8022168
fact

>>8020734
>>
>>8022166
neuron is NOT a wire. They are made of completely different things.
>>
>>8022171
it's an electron carrier. that's all that matters
>>
>>8022173
it doesn't show how it effects anything.
>>
>>8022173
So is a rock? Nuerons work with ions
>>
>>8022182
a rock doesn't have muscles or a brain though so you cant see the result
>>
>>8022193
And when has anyone ever seena magnetic field affecting behaviour or muscle action? People get MRI's all the time and nothing happens, and thats a damn strong magnetic field
>>
>>8022198
this is a question for /x/
>>
>>8022200
Yes
>>
neuron system is a series of tubes
>>
>>8022248
you mean pipe?
>>
>>8022248
They're more like millions of worms shitting in each others dendrites to cause an orgasmic chain reaction of shitting.
>>
File: read a fucking book nigger.jpg (186KB, 690x1080px) Image search: [Google]
read a fucking book nigger.jpg
186KB, 690x1080px
>>8022173
>an electron carrier
no anon
>>
>>8022173
>it's an electron carrier.

Nope.
>>
>>8022173
It is a potential carrier. Youd need a biiiiiiggggg ass ionizer to affect neurons. And in the process fux up everything else.
>>
>>8022139
hey OP watch this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJsVqc0ywM
they make a frog levitate through a magnetic field, yet while the frog seems desoriented as fuck he is clearly capable of regular muscle control
>>
>>8022925
maybe in the future we will have 'flux channels' that transport humans up buildings and down town.
>>
>>8022445

This so much. I'm working towards a PhD in physics right now but I dual majored in college with molecular biology (I actually don't work anywhere related to biophysics anymore, just fyi). The sheer amount of arrogance that physics students have about their subject, assuming that they can apply it to every other field of science, is absolutely appalling. I really wish that physics undergrads had to take substantive classes in other sciences (I know for a fact that my undergrad program had 0 requirements in chemistry, biology, etc.); instead the university just forces them to take a shit ton of humanities for their GenEd requirements (ironic really, that they leave university arguably less "well-rounded").
>>
>>8022149

Ionic solutions are quite similar to conductive wires
>>
>>8023322
Physics contains the most socially outcast of all science. Therefore it should not be a surprise that they act this way.

t. mathematician
>>
>>8023322
ions are a medium for electron flow you fool. his post didn't answer the question
>>
This thread shows how poorly electricity and chemistry are understood by people not educated specifically about them, while they remain ignorant to this fact because they are educated in other things.

Inducing current in the human body to such a degree that if immediately affected the function of the nervous system through a magnetic field would require an immensely powerful magnetic field. Orders of magnitude more than the field of an MRI.
>>
>>8023845
the field used in >>8020734

is the same strenth as MRI
>>
>>8023868
Magnetic field strength falls off as distance increases, so the local effects of something very close to a certain part of the body are much higher than those experienced while in an MRI machine.
>>
>>8023883
in other words if you place your had against the top surface of the inside of an MRI machine you'll experience less austism
>>
>>8023892
kek

I imagine the effects would be unpredictable
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.