[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this tolerated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: 6795433663.jpg (105KB, 577x864px) Image search: [Google]
6795433663.jpg
105KB, 577x864px
Why is this tolerated?
>>
Because the most sure way to be successful in life is to tell people what they want to hear.
>>
>>8018614

Earthing is the process of decreasing ones' resistance to ground, thus increasing one's likelyhood of dying from electric shock.
>>
>>8018664
kek

>>8018624
This, and because it's efficient to have idiots wear badges so we can tell who to avoid.
>>
>>8018614
>Free people in a free country doing whatever they want without forcing you to participate
>Why is this tolerated?

Because you're statist scum
>>
>>8019876
This frankly. They arent hurting you so fuck off and leave them alone
>>
File: 129884790290.jpg (8KB, 192x245px) Image search: [Google]
129884790290.jpg
8KB, 192x245px
>>8019876
>>8019907
>herp a derp the demos know what's best for themselves...herp a derp isn't philosophy so easy just instate an axiom such that: "freedum is gud"...gherp a derp
>>
Honestly walking barefoot is great. I don't know why people have to turn it into a 'thing'.
>>
>>8019920
No-one is making axiomic claims. It's widely agreed by most people that fucking with other's lives when it's not nessisary to avoid harm to third parties is a bad thing.
>>
>>8019928
People who are scientifically illiterate tend to make pretty dumb desitions. Anti vax is an example.
>>
>>8019920
Don't worry, got ya covered.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/34901/34901-h/34901-h.htm

>The object of this Essay is to assert one very simple principle, as entitled to govern absolutely the dealings of society with the individual in the way of compulsion and control, whether the means used be physical force in the form of legal penalties, or the moral coercion of public opinion. That principle is, that the sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant. He cannot rightfully be compelled to do or forbear because it will be better for him to do so, because it will make him happier, because, in the opinions of others, to do so would be wise, or even right. These are good reasons for remonstrating with him, or reasoning with him, or persuading him, or entreating him, but not for compelling him, or visiting him with any evil in case he do otherwise. To justify that, the conduct from which it is desired to deter him must be calculated to produce evil to some one else. The only part of the conduct of any one, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.
>>
>>8019922
This. I don't get why there has to be a bullshit """"explanation"""" like OP's pic when barefoot walking is good for your feet and also natural. Doing it for it's own sake is enough.
>>
>>8019876
These are the same people that try to convince terminally ill patients that the best way to cure their diseases is through pseudoscience snake oil.
They hurt anyone who listens to their bullshit. At the very least they lie to people and waste peoples time. But at worst they can prevent people from seeking proper medical attention or believing bullshit that can cause permanent harm.
>>
>>8019922
Walking barefoot feels good because of the texture of the ground or grass that you walk on. Any other reason is bullshit. Their is a reason we invented shoes thousands of years ago.
>>
>>8019985
>>8019920
>>8019876
>All this fuss about people wanting to walk around barefoot

Why? Even if they're doing it for the wrong reasons, walking barefoot is still good for you. It strengthens the muscles in your feet and your ankles. Most people have incredibly weak ankles from walking in shoes and it can lead to back problems and injury.
>>
>>8020394
How does that compare to running half a mile?

When you look at the evidence and see that it does not fit your conclusions, what goes through your head?
>>
>>8020385
Better for the muscles, so gives you better balance, more movement control at the ankles and a lower chance of ankle injury
>>
>>8020403
>How does that compare to running half a mile?
In shoes? Generally not comparable. You work different muscles. As for ankle strength, if you don't exercise barefoot, your ankles are probably very weak.

>When you look at the evidence and see that it does not fit your conclusions, what goes through your head?
You re-evaluate your conclusions?
>>
>liberals
IQ has no validity.
Everyone is equal.
We should reject the notion that god created man.

However,
I see no problem in people believing electrons travel up their feet.
Conservatives are inherintly lower in IQ and genetics plays no role in intelligence.
>>
>earthing
>absorbing electrons from earth
>the biggest electron sink we have available
>>
>>8020431
>liberals
Hippies =/= Liberals

That's like me taking a typical stormfront post and blaming "republicans"
>>
>>8019985
What are you trying to say?
>>
Should I start wearing those toe shoes?
>>
>>8020431
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8020533
t.pol.boogeyman.gtfo();
>>
>>8018624
Why would anyone want to hear stuff about "free flowing electrons"?

Most people are just morons who lack the faculties to properly distinguish nonsense from knowledge.
>>
Americans :DDDDDDD
>>
>>8020537
It's easy to make money off of hippies.
Just as easy as religion, but hippies are more willing to buy consumable products than Christians.
>>
>tfw dry athlete's foot
Socks are way too comfy
>>
>>8018614
how do you think lightning works, you fucking tool?
>>
>>8018614
Because it feels really good.
>>
>>8020535
Boogeyman implies I stretched for evidence, but your post was literally
>I have an opinion on this thread, but I have a stronger opinion on politics
>let me go through my generalising, inaccurate thoughts on politics because that's what this board is for

Good job finding the LIBRULS boogeyman though
>>
>>8020537
Electrons have energy

Energy is a buzzword for hippie/new age shit

>>8020619
The ground is electron deficient in cg lightning you fucking spanner
>>
>>8020733
This thread is a political thread.
Everything I said was true.
Liberals have a double standard when it comes to new-age philosophies.
You are easy to jump on the bandwagon of conservative hate, yet do you ever second guess how idiotic hippies are ?

No, you are scientific academic predisposed to liberal dogmatism.
>>
>>8020760
>this thread is a political thread
>everything I said was true

/pol/, everyone
>>
>>8020766
Uh oh, he can't refute anything I said.
Time to bring on angular brackets !

/sci/
Dogmatism at its finest !
>>
>>8018614
I've seen worse. Saw some bullshit like this one which went on about how going barefoot can hlep with balancing out your body's positive electrons.
>>
>>8020777
Electrons should be positive desu
>>
This is my fetish.
>>
>>8019876
If you don't shun them for their stupid beliefs then they'll not only multiply, but keep going down the rabbit hole until they do eventually start practicing a stupid belief that is of detriment to society as a whole
>>
>>8019946
And when you get scientists who know what they are doing criticising vaccinations, then you get some smarter decisions. And that's *decisions*, not "desitions", illiterate knob.
>>
>>8019907

Heinous uneducation and spreading of lies and misinformation absolutely hurts me and society as a whole.
>>
>>8020431
>help I don't understand what IQ is

IQ has plenty of validity, but it doesn't directly equate to "intelligence". It's excellent for determining the logical reasoning capabilities of any given person, assuming the test has been properly standardized (which is where a lot of IQ tests fail). Obviously, there are a variety of different types of intelligence, but the one measured by IQ is the one most commonly recognized as 'intelligence' by Western society.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with you? Conservatives have and "inherintly" lower IQ? I see at least three things wrong with that statement without even intentionally analysing it. "Genetics" plays no role in intelligence? Open up a fucking book.
>>
>>8021201

you're right about everything but the autism near the end of your post hurts.

t. autistic person
>>
>>8021201
You're missing the intention of the post.
One side of the field says that conservatives have a lower IQ, yet when it comes to talking about black or Islamic people there's suddenly a wall put up such as "YOU CAN'T GO THERE !"
>>
>>8021231
I would agree with you on that. I consider myself a liberal, but I absolutely disagree with the authoritarian behavior of many other contemporary liberals (namely SJWs and the like). Putting something outside the bounds of questioning and research is ridiculous and needs to stop. A similar issue can be seen with transgendered people, in that the PC crowd wants to simply accept transgenderism, and accept transition surgery as the best (only) option/method of treatment. Not only do they not want to look into other options, you get called a bigot and a trans-phobe and what have you if you even bring such a topic up. I really wouldn't have as much as an issue with this if transition surgery was shown to be effective; it isn't. Around fifty percent of transitioned transgendered people go on to commit suicide anyway. Anyway, I went off on a tangent there, but you get my point.
>>
Why is this tolerated
>>
>>8020777
¿?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.