[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They ask what came first, the chicken or the egg.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: índice.jpg (4KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
4KB, 273x185px
What if they're twins?

I really want to know. I've been thinking about this question for years.
>>
>>8014669
Originally a bird that was not a chicken laid an egg containing a bird that was a chicken.
>>
>>8014678
Yeah but, where did that bird came from?
>>
>>8014687
From an egg produced by some other organism that doesn't meet the criteria for being a specific bird. Etc. ad infinitum.

Simple answer to this question is evolution. Sure you can keep repeating this question and ask where life came from...
>>
>>8014669
>what came first, the chicken or the egg

The thing that laid the egg was not yet a chicken. It had 1 mutation short of being a full chicken. However, the thing inside the egg had that last mutation that made it a fully fledged chicken. Thus, the egg came first then the chicken hatched out of it.
>>
The egg.
>>
What if i told you the egg and the chicken are the same thing?
>>
>>8014687
Dinosaurs
>>
>>8014669
Obiously the egg came first. Things were hatching out of eggs way before any chickens were around.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
This video explains it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmLWnQGZhQ&bpctr=1461073607
>>
>>8014678
This roughly, though it was way more of a gradual process. You could paraphrase it as "originally a creature that was not a bird laid an egg containing a creature that was something resembling a bird a bit more".
>>
What if the chicken has always existed, and we're the ones who suddenly appeared?
>>
God created both the same day.
ref : holy bible
>>
The egg obviously (note how it says "chicken or *the egg*", not "chicken or the *chicken egg*")
>>
>chicken or egg
egg
>chicken or "chicken egg"
depend on your definition of chicken egg, if it's an egg lay by a chicken, then every "chicken egg" come from a chicken, so the chicken came first.

If your definition of a chicken egg is an egg containing a chicken, then every chicken came from a "chicken egg", so the chicken egg wast first.
>>
>>8014669
It depends on how you define the genome of eggs. If you consider it a chicken egg only when it comes from a chicken then the chicken came first.

Contrarily, if you define a chicken egg as anything that hatches into a chicken, then we could put an embryo of a chicken into an ostrich egg and it would still develop into a chick. By this definition, anything that could hold a chicken embryo is a chicken egg and dinosaurs eggs came way long before chickens did so it'd definitely be the egg.
>>
File: God.gif (1MB, 621x371px) Image search: [Google]
God.gif
1MB, 621x371px
>>8016342
Then I don't know that.
>>
The egg, now please stop
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 210x210px
>>8014721
>>
FOR GOD SAKE STOP THIS GUYS, WE ALL KNOW REPTILES LAY EGGS AND THAT BIRDS EVOLVED FROM REPTILES
>>
>>8014669
>what came first

The cock.
>>
>>8014721
Would these god-like quads spin your wrong?
>>
>>8014678
No, you should learn some biology. There is no hard line at which one species evolves into another. There is no first chicken and no first chicken egg. Hence the question is nonsense.
>>
>>8014710
Nope. There is no organism 1 mutation short of being a chicken. That's not how species work.
>>
>>8016827
Could you set an interfertility cutoff of, say, 50% likelihood to produce fertile offspring when crossing the protochicken and modern ones and define that as the point of speciation? It would shift with time, though.
>>
>>8016827
>That's not how species work.
That's not even how genetics works, and I'm not even sure HOW genetics works. What even is an allele? Does it have a physical analogue?
>>
The truth is that there is not a "first" chicken i hen or whatever. Species are not discrete elements, they are continuous. On the other hand, every animal comes from an egg. So, there's only one aswer.
>>
>>8014702
>ad infinitum
>there have always been birds
>>
>>8017032
There have always been organisms that don't meet the criteria for being a bird. Like he said.
>>
>>8017086
>always
>>
>>8017099
Until you get to where did life come from.
>>
>>8017103
then not ad infinitum
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.