[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of group studying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

What does /sci/ think of group studying?
>>
>>8010078
Fine with friends. I enjoy helping and being helped by them. Not fine with ransoms because more often than not they will use you.
>>
>>8010078
Fun, I like seeing different approaches people have to problems.
>>
Working in groups of 2 is extremely efficient. Any more than that and it becomes a clusterfuck.
>>
>>8010078
What does sci think of solo studying?
>>
When I was in school teachers always put me in groups with the hooligans who didn't do work because they observed that when I was in their group the work output quality was drastically increased; I must've been a great leader!
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]I would mumble at them while they talked among themselves, then get frustrated and do all the work myself[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
>>
It takes me 3-5 times longer to get shit done if I have to work in a group.
>>
>>8010078
way too autistic for that, m8.
>>
>>8010194
This.
>>
File: 1460563020054.jpg (109KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1460563020054.jpg
109KB, 1440x810px
I wish I had friends
>>
>>8010078
I'd rather do group partying
>>
Group studying is like group sex.

Someone always feels a little more awkward than the others.

Yes? No? Maybe?
>>
>>8010078

I would just like to take this moment to take a break from this topic and tell everybody about how I wish that this anime girl was real and that even seeing this picture makes me want to vomit upon seeing 3D women.

Her pink hair tied up with a pink bow, with her pink pencil, pink fingernails, pink phone and necklace with pink jewel complement each other in such a cute way. She looks at you so gently, with an approving and kind smile.

I want to handcuff her to my wall and pet her head while she blushes. I want to put her in a kennel and then poke her with a stick until she calls me "BAKA ANON". I want to hire her as my secretary and increase the difficulty of her tasks until she starts crying. I want her to order food from a restaurant that I work at so that I can slightly burn her food, and watch her weary face as she looks at it because she's not going to eat it because she's too shy to have it taken back.

Imagining her scratching the itches gently off of my scrotum with her fingernails while giggling in a breathy and cute way as I make exaggerated noises of relief for comedic effect makes my erection so large that it hurts the skin on my penis.

Tonight I will hug my pillow and pretend it is her body as she wraps her arms tightly around me and presses my head into hers, rubbing our cheeks together, as she then whispers into my ear, "I Love You Anon"; and at this moment the illusion will be broken and I will realize she doesn't exist and she doesn't love me, and I will realize the cosmic terror of the universe itself. About how we each only get one life and it is mind-bendingly awful, and that it is a philosophical possibility for the afterlife to be a prolonged torture. Anime girls serve to amplify one horrific fact: your life was a big, fat mistake.
>>
>>8010152
I can attest to this, at three, the workload is perceived to be less enough that one person starts dicking around and then the whole things falls through
>>
great for faggot extroverts
>>
File: 1458514675158.jpg (2MB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1458514675158.jpg
2MB, 1600x2400px
>you'll never study with a 10/10 anime girl
>you'll never have sex with her afterwards
>>
File: 45a.gif (148KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
45a.gif
148KB, 300x375px
>>8010450
>>8010499
Its good to know faggots like you won't be able to breed.
>>
File: woods.png (81KB, 206x212px) Image search: [Google]
woods.png
81KB, 206x212px
>>8010450
Excellent.
>>
>>8010078
>https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5164248
too much qt
>>
>>8010078
Really good if you immediately assign roles and put people int their place and have a system to hold them accountable for their work.
>>
>>8010540
hnnnnnng
>>
I think I want to jack off on her face and then kiss her with my cum in her mouth.
>>
File: nazuna_draws1.png (94KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
nazuna_draws1.png
94KB, 336x229px
>>8010421
I'll be your friend anon
>>
Generally pointless. Especially if females are present because all they do is gossip.
>>
>>8010152
That's a great point, I've never considered the difference between 2 and 3+ people for group work. I still prefer being solo for most subjects, but you can seriously get some shit done if you're working with an intelligent friend. It's also pretty self-regulating, you tend to go from breaks back to work without really thinking about it.
>>
>>8010574
You sound like a highschooler tbqh
>>
>>8010158
>he doesn't have any friends
>>
I was paired with this guy in a chemistry class once, had to teach him everything twice, was wonderful for my understanding of the curriculum, wasn't so good for our friendship
>>
>>8010661
Why is that?
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (56KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
56KB, 500x417px
>>8010450
Mmmmmmmm, that pasta was delicious!
>>
>>8010078
I study with my girlfriend. For reals. We usually flirt and touch each other a lot and the sexual tension gives me energy to get my shit done.
>>
>>8010078
It wastes my time.

[spoiler]Yes I'm a friendless autist.
>>
File: 1460263150133.jpg (28KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
1460263150133.jpg
28KB, 600x516px
>>8010450
i know that feel senpai
>>
What does /sci/ think of group theory?
>>
>>8010078
Depends on how many people you are studying with, how serious they are and if you have a set plan on what you plan to get done.

Large groups can be unorganized. People who aren't really serious about getting stuff done will slow the team down. If you aren't working towards some common goal then why work together at all.
>>
File: 1453470238723.jpg (140KB, 1068x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1453470238723.jpg
140KB, 1068x1356px
For learning new material, I think it's terribly inefficient.

For solidifying what everyone knows and seeing different approaches to problems, I think it's great.

Though I would group ``study'' with Mika any day of the week desu
>>
>>8010573
That's an OR gate, Moe-chan.
>>
>>8010450
Feel the same desu sempai.
I can just imagine her saying "ne ne~, oshietekure??" with the cutest face ever. Afterwards I'd -

Actually, I'll stop there. I need to finish my lab report before I continue with my shitposting.
>>
I only like to study with people smarter than me, its kind of a waste otherwise.
>>
>>8012403
>For learning new material, I think it's terribly inefficient.
>For solidifying what everyone knows and seeing different approaches to problems, I think it's great.
I agree with both of these. It's best to dive into the material in your own time and then regroup after the fact. At that point people will have solid questions to ask when they got stuck and the group can see possible different ways to answer such questions.

>>8012446
What if the person you are studying with has that same mentality?
>>
>>8012457
> What if the person you are studying with has that same mentality?

Then we don't study together.
>>
>>8010158
That's usually how I do it. Most of my friends are either in the business school (finance for the most part) because of a really well known investing group I'm in or are random majors that were with me in the honors dorm my first 2 years.
>>
Usually descend into fucking around and accomplishing nothing or else involves me explaining shit to people.

no thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 659x697px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 659x697px
>>8010078
I think it would be great if I actually had friends.
>>
>>8012507
Yeah.
Sitting quietly in a corner gets old after a couple of months. After a few years it's fucking awful.
>>
>>8012507
pls be in Cali
>>
>>8010172
This.
>>
>>8012475
explaining shit to people can sometimes solidify concepts for you, though

i understand your point though, but it can be valuable sometimes
>>
>>8010078
Good way for egos in the group to clash and have arguments. Least this is what the 3-4 physic majors in my real analysis class would do. They were utterly smug and thought they were the smartest people in class. They were arrogant and do their homework on the blackboard in front of class 25-30 minutes before class started and would argue with each other.
>>
>>8010194
eeyup, group studying often causes more trouble than gain especially around the wrong people
>>
I hate group work in general... I'm that outcast who usually gets placed with a random group. I've got lucky before I guess and placed with hot girls. I usually end up doing the bulk of the work anyway nut in this case I get to stare at boobs and feet. I live in FL and have a foot fetish. That's the only bonus for me living in FL but I still want to get the hell out of here as soon as I can. I'd be happy being a Pacific Northwest NEET(or as much as possible)
>>
>>8012851
but^
>>
>>8012620
yeah I usually come out with a firmer understanding of the material but for the and effort it's just not worth it
>>
>>8012851
>living in FL but I still want to get the hell out of here as soon as I can. I'd be happy being a Pacific Northwest NEET(or as much as possible)

Stay in your shithole, and stay away from where I live, you social retard.
>>
>>8010421
This
And even back when I did have friends, I lived off campus with no car and they dormed. ;_;
>>
>Uni group work assignment
>90% of people already have groups of friends they work well with
>get randomly assigned groups anyway

Jesus Christ, really?

MUH simulated workplace
>>
File: 1450867017495.png (223KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1450867017495.png
223KB, 510x346px
I usually do more work when I'm in a group because I don't want to drag other people into a ditch.

I prefer to work alone though, so I can be lazy and self destructive.
>>
>>8012620
If you explained the concept to your friend in the first place, doesn't that mean you already had it solidified?
>>
>>8010078
Don't ever post this normie shit on my board again
>>
As other people have noted, it ranges from a huge time waste to the best possible way to learn with the vast majority of cases skewed to the far left. Unless you have a relatively small group of equally capable peers and the intention of the group is analyzing oppose to learning (e.g. "Could we use approach X in case Y? Anon A thinks so but Anon B doesn't because blah blah blah") then you are far better off going solo.
>>
>>8010078
I had a study group for exactly one problem set in all of college. It was pretty great, but the very next week one of them tells me "oh, we all dropped that class lel"
>>
>infantile cartoons
>>
>>8010078
Waste of your fucking time, because either you end up explaining everything you already understand perfectly or you are as clueless as everyone else.
>>
>>8010078
Not ever
Discussing work with people is great though, but not actually working together. I find we all end up irritated because no one works the same way
>>
>>8013447
Sometimes you think it is clear in your head and you realize, when trying to explain something from the ground up, that there are gaps in your understanding.
Or sometimes, the person you are explaining stuff to can ask questions you had not thought about and it may reveal another gap in your knowledge.
Or they don't, but it's still good to make sure you know your shit. It's never a waste of time.
>>
>>8010152
This. Even if you're studying in a larger group it's often helpful to pair off.
>>
>>8010078
Depends I find it hard to study with friends, we always end up losing all our time. But when I study with people I don't know that much it's really productive, because we don't waste time talking about pointless stuff.
>>
>>8010078
>>8012403
>tfw no anime gf
>>
File: 1444253932251.jpg (60KB, 460x585px) Image search: [Google]
1444253932251.jpg
60KB, 460x585px
>>8010078
I don't like it. If its bad then you really wasted a lot of time, and if its good you've essentially built a dependency on another person.

I like studying by myself, that way when I figure something out i have the experience of doing it independently.

Also, a lot of people in college like group studying sessions so they can leach on to someone else and get answers. 90% of group studying I've seen is someone in the group explaining everything to everyone else.

That's why I keep my grades on the DL. If someone knows you get good grades they'll bother you to explain concepts, which is fine, but I don't like it when people don't even try to understand it and ask you to make sense of every little thing.
>>
>>8010425
it varies. sometimes it happens, sometimes not, but that applies to both, so yes.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.