[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Speed of Meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pat.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Memes travel fast, yes. I can deduce this much myself. But to what extent?
>>
Speed of meme spread is directly proportional to the population size and spread methodology effectivity
>>
>>8000440
There is an unknown factor which affects the validity of our measurements, something that we don't seem to be taking into account.

We call it dank matter / dank energy.
>>
>>8000444
In addition, the the speed is largely affected by disturbances in the environment in which the memes propagate, such as influence from other societies and even the local climate, which may lead to changes in lifestyles and, consequently, cultural practices.
>>
>>8000483
>the the
Well, shit. That typo really kills the tone I was going for...
>>
>>8000444
>Speed of meme spread is directly proportional to the population size

But inversely proportional to IQ. The lower the IQ the faster meme spreads. In fact negative IQ means the meme will travel back in time.
>>
>>8000459
Recent studies in theoretical memeology suggests that traditional dankness is a conserved quantity and obeys the following properties that dankness equals meme times shitposting squared.

But dank matter and the fact that the spread of memes tends to be increasing rather than decreasing is still a mystery to memeology.
>>
what is a mem
>>
> site:.edu 4chan

not much work had been done on memetic propagation, but there was an MIT study on shitposting. the sample size is too small imo.

desu cybernetics is probly ur best bet, memetics is very much like a feedback system.
>>
Is there a unit to define the spread of a meme. Would it be Aware population / Population / Time ? Similar to acceleration.
>>
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://projects.csail.mit.edu/chanthropology/4chan.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwidpsjNoI_MAhUNxWMKHRWqDWIQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNEdyF2VNZZ2ys04NqcjJspwrC5d3Q&sig2=3Lr1wqP89DvR3Mdoe28AWA
>>
Meme propagation would best be modeled by a parabolic partial differential equation (solutions are similar to heat propagation rather than wave propagation.) So the propagation speed is, in a definite sense, infinite. In particular, any disturbance in one community would be felt elsewhere to a small amount instantaneously. This matches the instantaneous communication of the internet and that most people use multiple internet communities rather than one.
>>
>>8000440
this has been the best thread this sub has seen for a while
>>
>>8000440
>Memes travel fast, yes.
A lie travels from Damascus to Istanbul before the truth can put on its sandals.

Arab proverb, I have been told.

Not all Arab proverbs are reliable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.