[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is eugenics theory legitimate, or is it a pseudoscience? Even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Photo of Madison Grant.jpg (121KB, 452x657px) Image search: [Google]
Photo of Madison Grant.jpg
121KB, 452x657px
Is eugenics theory legitimate, or is it a pseudoscience? Even the most aggressive opponents of it admit that many disorders are heritable, so is it only opposed for ethical reasons?
>>
Phenomes and alleles are two different things. That's a pretty simple fact, but you /pol/ degenerates are unable to understand it.
>>
>>7994995
>implying it's opposed
Leftists are pushing anti-white eugenics all over the western world.
>>
Incentive-based eugenics is an ideal way to reconcile the absolute right of individual self-determination with the appealing potential benefits of manipulating the gene pool. Want to limit the addictive personality traits passed down to the next generation? Offer a stipend of free drugs & alcohol to individuals who undergo voluntary sterilization. Want to limit the amount of low-intelligence genes? Offer up some Big Bang Theory dvd box sets or a meet & greet with the Kardashians or some shit. I think this is legit great idea and I don't understand why we don't at leave have a trial program. I understand the legacy of forced eugenics is pretty terrible but most compulsory programs are bad, doesn't mean they couldn't be good when they're voluntary
>>
>>7995025
Get back to /pol/ dude.
Jesus Christ this site
>>
>>7994995
>>7995025
why the fuck is 30% of all threads here /pol/ threads? cant you morons go to your containment board?
>>
>>7995110
>/pol/
>stay on their containment board
lel
>>
>>7995069
>having political views outside of the radical left
>DUDE GO BACK TO LE /POL/ EBIN XD
>>
It's obviously legitimate but has a horrible association with genocide.

Many things such as abortion and sperm/egg donation are forms of eugenics. The more time passes since WW2 the more acceptable of an idea it will become.
>>
>>7995110
It's called a containment website, and that website's name is 4chan.org.
>>
>>7995253
...if you dont like it then leave? You have no obligation to post on this site.

>>7995211
look at the name of this board anon. it's called science and math. not science, math, and politics.

this is not the place for ANY political discussion whatsoever, EXCEPT for that which (heavily) involves scientific discussion such as the nuclear thread further down.

the problem isn't having views outside the radical left, its that you choose to post about them ON /SCI/. can you please post your race-bait shit on a different board which is not an interest board? /r9k/, /pol/, or /b/ are good options.

this thread will be deleted soon
>>
>>7995211
>le
>XD
>ebin
>caps
>strawman

I'm sorry, you've checked all the criteria.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7995273
This thread is science related, eugenics is a science, therefore it doesn't break board rules.
>>
>>7994995

sterilize the criminals

that's it
>>
File: 1453514216815.png (119KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1453514216815.png
119KB, 1000x668px
>>7995288
>eugenics is a science
>not the pseudoscience form of genetics

Spoken like a true pleb
>>
>>7995288
>>7995288

Eugenics is a policy and is worth ralking about because it has moral/society effects.
These things belong on the politically incorrect board
>>
>>7995402
Eugenics is also heavily science related. Choosing how to go about improving genetics requires science.

What pol would discuss would be political parties related to the field or some sort of political movement.

/sci/ would be for discussing the methodology and scientific basis.

The same way lysenkoism vs mendelian genetics was a scientific debate and had a political side.
>>
>>7995415
> improving genetics
Your lack of understanding of genetics is showing
>>
>>7995431
He'll be taken care of during the next great eugenic purge.
>>
File: 1447822334702.png (527KB, 838x630px) Image search: [Google]
1447822334702.png
527KB, 838x630px
>>7995415
I think I understand what you're saying. However using the term Eugenics will only spark a debate because of it's connotation. So you'll get nowhere by asking it.

You know how Astrology is like the Pseudoscience from of Astronomy. Eugenics is the same way for genetics.

If you're asking about altering genes, by using crispr or something of that nature, that would more appropriate.

Also your post really doesn't seem to indicate that you actually understand much, if anything, about genetics. I'd suggest, if you're actually interesting in reading about it, reading texts about elementary plant genetics and evolution so you can get a better idea.
>>
>>7994995
The science side of it is pretty straightforward, we do it with domestic plants and animals constantly. The only aspect worth debating is the moral or political side of it, which has no place on /sci/
>>
>is it possible to selectively breed animals for desirable traits?
Wow this is a hard one. Any experts here?
>>
>>7995598
Since evolution and genetics are lies perpetuated by satanic "scientists", no its not possible
>>
>>7994995
Eugenics is to say that blood from one race is incompatible from another. However if that were true than most donor blood would be entirely useless. Heritable upbringing is sociological.
>>
>>7994995
Eugenics isn't gene manipulation and never will be.

I'd go with pseudoscience, yeah. Every proponent of it ends up inbreeding and fucking up their entire lineage completely. All those thousands of years or genetic entropy and you have to go and fuck your cousin. We'll never evolve at this rate.
>>
>>7995061
Damn, I'd twist my nuts off if it meant I got free rent and dank nugs.
>>
>>7995925
Or, you know, you could just sign a contract or something saying you won't have children. No need to get physical. We're all civilized here.
>>
>>7995350

also, allow only healthy, rich, beautiful, intelligent and not criminal immigrants to get permanent residency in your country

this can be done with very little effort at embassies and immigration offices
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.