[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there hard science behind massage or is it holistic nonsense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Cover.jpg (156KB, 1250x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
156KB, 1250x1607px
Is there hard science behind massage or is it holistic nonsense?
>>
>>7989928
This is more /fit/ but it has to do with myofacsial release
>>
>>7989928
I've actually wondered this myself. I know most of the holistic stuff is bullshit but I've always wondered about massage.
>>
It's physical therapy for the muscles, and such, the mind being affected by that. No, it's not magic voodoo shit, so your ruptured testicle won't heal because I rubbed your arm, but there are therapeutic effects
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>7989928
Releasing muscle tension and positive psychological effect.
>>
>>7989982
>>7991175
That's not science.

Shills are just desperate to make it look like science. Assuming either of you are actual humans all you need to do is allow your girlfriend to massage your biceps after you come back from the gym and do this because it feels good and no other reason, under no circumstances allow a single cent to go to the hustlers.

Not that I have anything against hustling, they perform an important function in capitalism by helping money gravitate away from idiots (who are probably on welfare and didn't earn it) and towards intelligent people. Just saying.
>>
This is a good question, I would like to post something of relevance - but I can't answer your q. At the end of a shower I like to turn the water temperature up and let it run on the top, back, sides of my head. It gives a tingling sensation that spreads to the rear of the torso. If relaxed, with eyes closed, I see 'sparkles' bluish in colour in my mind.

These sensations are the same (much less intense) when rubbing heads with a member of the opposite sex intimately.

I do not know what this is. How to search for it. Or even if it is unique to me. There IS something physiological occurring.
>>
Save yourself money and self-massage your whole body in bed at night every now and then.
>>
>>7989928
If there's any physiological effect, it's just because the muscles are being stretched out. Probably releases endorphins in some quantity or another.
>>
Massage can help relax tight and painful muscles, improve range of motion in the joints, enhance circulation and lower stress levels. Stress is considered a risk factor for many chronic diseases, and can make your symptoms worse.

If you have a professional therapist well versed in anatomy and physiology, they can aid in recovery of musculoskeletal injury and strain.

The general motion of massage therapy can aid in cardiovascular health by improving blood flow and aiding in cases of hypertension.
>>
File: 1.jpg (202KB, 1280x758px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
202KB, 1280x758px
Ayy lmao I have that book
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.