[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

physics question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: q14.png (23KB, 584x143px) Image search: [Google]
q14.png
23KB, 584x143px
WTF? Are they expecting me to know the molar mass of carbon dioxide off the top of my head?

the ideal gas law is PV = nRT, with n being the number of moles. How am I supposed to know what n is without memorising the molar mass of carbon dioxide?
>>
>>7982949
carbon and oxygen masses are two of the easiest to remember and also two of the most commonly used

they're 12 and 16 and im not even a fucking chem student

>>/wsr/
>>
>>7982955

I'm a physics student, so I didn't think I needed to know this shit.

What else do I need to memorise from the periodic table?
>>
>>7982959
i dont know, im not in your physics class
>>
>>7982959
If you're a science student, you really should print off a periodic table and put it in a place where you can refer to it easily. You don't need to memorize anything, but you should have something to look to for those answers.
>>
>>7982965

The exam this is a practice paper for allows no calculators, notes or formula sheets though
>>
>>7982967
so memorize the ones that are on the practice exam

fuck i hope you're not majoring in physics
>>
>>7982969

But I can't be sure that there aren't other required pieces of chemistry knowledge that arent in the practice exams by chance.

There is no syllabus for this exam.
>>
>>7982971
A lot of the most basic gases have pretty nice round number estimates for molar mass. For example:

Hydrogen - 1
Helium - 4
Carbon - 12
Nitrogen - 14
Oxygen - 16
Sulfur ~ 32
Potassium ~ 39

You shouldn't be expected to memorize the whole table; Most other elements' molar masses ought to be supplied in the exam question. That's usually how it is.
>>
>>7982949
What are you retarded? The professor is going to give you a periodic table of will give you the mw.
>>
File: cover.png (83KB, 627x540px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
83KB, 627x540px
>>7982987

No he won't.
>>
>>7982982

Thanks. I'll stick this up on my noteboard and hope it sinks in over the next few weeks.
>>
>>7982959
If you can't remember the masses of them, derive them from the dirac equation for massive atoms, then just examine their properties, for example carbon conductive when in graphite form. This is simple
>>
It's roughly 44 grams, off the top of my head, and I'm not even taking chem.
Memorizing one decimal place is sufficient. You should definitely know the molar masses of Carbon, Oxygen, and Hydrogen.

I always got a fucking table with my exams though. I just memorized the molar masses of Carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen, and Nitrogen to save a bit of time.
>>
>>7982949
Again? I remember seeing this exact same problem posted here before, not long ago.
Do you still not get it, or are you just another person taking the same test?
Looking at >>7982992 I sure hope it is the latter.
>>
>>7983045

Its the 3rd most recent PAT practice paper online. I guess a lot of people are taking it now that the exams are nearing.
>>
>>7982949
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.