[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Engineering Program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 10.png (85KB, 460x251px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
85KB, 460x251px
Which Big 10 school has the best engineering program?
>>
The yellow M
>>
Minnesota, far and away.
>>
>>7981723
Depends on which type. Probably Illinois, but school rank isn't important when applying for engr jobs. Like at all.

Visit the schools and decide which one you like the best.
>>
>>7981723
Do you live in one of these states? If so, go to that one. If not, why is the Big 10 so important?
>>
Power rankings:
Michigan
Illinois
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Purdue
Northwestern
Maryland
Mich State
Ohio State
Rutgers
Nebraska
Penn
Iowa
Indiana
>>
>>7981782
swap illinois and michigan and you have a proper list
>>
>>7981723
>flyover states

top kek
>>
>>7981791
Illinois is only best for electrical/computer. Then you want minnesota for chemical, Wisconsin for biomedical and Michigan for everything else
>>
>>7981723
I'm in Madison and all of our engineering majors are total retards, so not here.
>>
>>7981835
dude im applying there for grad school, not engineering though

hows the campus like, do you like? is it suburban and woodsy? whats the acceptance rate (kek)?
>>
>>7981835
>someone on /sci/ calling everyone else retards
This is new.

>>7981841
I got into grad school here. The campus is surprisingly not suburban or woody at all.
>>
>>7981723
Purdue is really good at preparing for industry but not the best if you want to go into research.
>>
>>7981841
>>7981848

Only our pure engineering majors are retarded, with the exception of computer engineering majors, who are fine. Also engineering + science majors are alright. It's just the "hurr durr I'm in school for mekanikul engunerring" people who are insufferable. Rest of the STEM is fine.

Most of the campus is in the city but it's like a small city... It's the epitome of a college town I guess. It's not like downtown NY city but it's not like suburban either. Some of the campus is kinda woodsy though, but most of the buildings there are dorms rather than academic buildings so you probably won't run into that part if you're a grad student.
To my knowledge they accept people based on your character. I'm only an undergrad but I know some people from my high school that had 4.0s, 30+ ACT scores that didn't get in because they sounded disinterested in their essays and didn't really bother to make themselves look worthwhile. I also know a physics grad student who managed to get in without any prior research experience, all because he met some people and made a good impression. So if all you got it a good personality, then you're looking good.
>>
>>7981806
this
why even go to a school where the only thing you can do off campus is volunteer to harvest corn

everything east of washington/oregon/california and west of PA is screamin' memes
>>
>>7981943
they're all fairly close to cities
>>
>>7981943
>>7981806
Denver reporting in. Fuck you.
>>
>>7981723
MIT
>>
>>7981943
Iowa here. We drink a lot. There's plenty to do once you're """21."""

The women are attractive. 9/10 would pick again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.