[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you failed a STEM subject(s)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

Post 'em now sweet /sci/!
>>
>>7981288

Nobody fails on /sci/. If they did, they won't admit it. Nobody wants to look like a brainlet.
>>
>>7981290
>actually failing a class
>not just withdrawing or dropping

how fuckin' dumb do you gotta be m8?
>>
>>7981290
I failed thermodynamics. Shit's bananas.
>>
I wanted a minor in bioinformatics, but one of the required courses was advanced chemistry.
Last time I had a chemistry was in high school so I was a bit lost, but people who had taken the class before me told me it was pretty simple memorizing and plug and chugging.
So since I didn't care that much I was happy with just learning how to solve exercises to plug and chug my way through the course.
What I didn't know was that it was a new teacher, and his exam was actually really theoretic and required a good knowledge of what was going on.
First course I ever failed in college, feels bad man.
>>
>>7981292

There are plenty of people who have failed, tried again, and succeeded. Quiting is for losers.
>>
>>7981288
Never failed a class
Did get a D in history of rock once though, because I missed the final
>>
File: 7g0fj3.jpg (37KB, 457x512px) Image search: [Google]
7g0fj3.jpg
37KB, 457x512px
>>7981293
U ain't lying. Failed that too.
>>
File: disgust.png (76KB, 247x215px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
76KB, 247x215px
>>7981288
Fucking never.
>>
>>7981288
dropped out of physics in 1st year
>>
I failed numerical analysis once. I wouldn't have failed but I didn't show up to the final. I skipped it to study for another final that I was about to fail.

I took it again the next semester. I had to drop it because I was about to fail. My professor laughed in my face when I showed he the drop slip.

I don't think Taylor's theorem or polynomial interpolation is that complicated, I'm just a bad student.
>>
I've never failed a class but this is my 4th semester so IDK
>>
>>7981367
I was also working part time. I think a lot of people who say, "I worked 70 hours a week and was a full-time student!" are English majors or something. I could have used every spare moment in college to study more. I ended up graduating but with a sub-par GPA.
>>
>>7981370
Just go to all of your classes and study every day. As long as you prioritize your classes over working or socializing you'll be fine.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (183KB, 1600x595px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
183KB, 1600x595px
I might drop solid state physics because that shit is bananas.
>>
>>7981394
Solid state is so much fun.
Statistical is the best.
>>
Failed general chemistry the first time right before i quit college (18 years old). Now that Im 28, im passing gen chem, calc 2 and physics w/calc 1 with all As. Cant believe how much of a fucking retard i used to be.
>>
Failed optics because i underestimated how powerful the random pills my mate gave me the night before. Fucking about the night before a test is probably the dumbest thing ive done.

My teacher showed me the test and asked wtf. My answers had almost nothing to do with the questions and even when one had a diagram i was not even close to giving a coherent answer.
>>
I dropped calc 3 after getting 2/40 on the third exam. Retook it and got an A-

Never failed a class but I did get a D in circuits 1 and plenty of Cs.

Now I'm getting a PhD lol
>>
>>7981288
I got an A in Calc 1 but somehow I am on the verge of failing Calc 2

what the fuck /sci/
>>
I didn't show up to a single calc II lecture and took 0/10% for the homework. I got 80% overall in the class and it's still a huge black mark on my transcript. I'm in my fourth year of a math major now and I still feel so much shame about that class. Even fucking bio majors get A+'s in calc II.
>>
Does /sci/ have psychological problems taking tests?

I participate in class, i do the homework but when theres a test i just go to shit. Last test we did a few of us spent an hour or so with a based teacher of that subject (biology) beforehand and he was going through anything we were unsure of. The test had a question that involved something, among other things, he spent ~15 minutes explaining but i completely forgot what it was he explained. I didnt forget the explanation, i didnt mention it at all.

Ended up passing the test barely but when someone mentioned it afterwards i was seriously pissed off with myself.

Am i actually retarded?
>>
Failed Electrodynamics. My fault for skipping all the lectures and starting to study 1 week before exam. Shit is chill though because i almost passed and im in Sweden - we get to write re-exams every 3 months or so.
>>
>>7981308
its only quitting if you don't retake the class. you usually know if you are going to get a bad grade in the class, so why would you take the hit to your GPA when you can just drop or withdraw?
>>
>>7981288

I came close to failing a lot of shit, like senior physics. Made the bare minimums to progress.

After a lot of lost money, tons of extra work, I turned things around and am very competitive right now.

I should not have been wasting my life away on the internet procrastinating.
>>
Failed my diffeq test today. I go to a shit university and my professor is dog shit. I couldn't find help for the problems he hinted were gonna be on the test.

That and I waited till the night before to study.

Also I dropped physics 1 while I was still a physics major. I got memed by popsci and thought I liked physics. It wasn't too difficult, it's just not the type of work I wanted to do. Most fields of physics don't interest me enough to pursue a degree in it.

I'm a math major now, and have never enjoyed school more.
>>
Failed ochem II miserably. Retaking it with a far better professor now.
>>
File: 1343073895802.jpg (63KB, 920x459px) Image search: [Google]
1343073895802.jpg
63KB, 920x459px
>>7981288
I failed O chem I + II. At least I got As when I retook them.

I was working 40 hours a week at the time.

I switched off to engineering after that shit and I never even came close to a B again.
>>
>>7981476
depending on the amount of units and depending on your program it could mean not making sap and losing your funding/getting on probation, whereas sometimes a low grade would not do this as long as you are still making credit.
>>
I've never gotten an F ever. How you would go about doing that is fucking beyond me.
>>
>>7981288
Almost lost Calculus the last semester, but it was so unfair, professors literally want us to fail the courses, they gain something by doing that, there's a lot of corruption in this university. Less than 5 of my classmates have passed all the courses the last semester, and they were many.

This is one of the downsides of having free college, trade unions (professor's trade union) make whatever the fuck they want, they care more about rise their monetary income than providing academic future to students.
>>
>>7981764
So you got As since then or Fs?
>>
>>7981288
I've never failed a class, but my lowest grades were in Calc I-II and IV.
:[
>>
>>7981417
That's cuz Calc II is way harder than Calc I
>>
>>7981288
Nearly failed Gen Chem I with a D flat as well as the lab. Chemistry isn't my thing.

Generally haven't done the best with a lot of problems going on in my life that get heavily in the way, particularly sleep deprivation.
>>
>take physics series

>barely pass Mechanics
>aced Electromagnetism and Waves&Optics

rotational dynamics and torque shit make my head spin
>>
>Look up answer to homework problem on Stack Exchange
Got an F in the class and a 'non imposed suspension' which is basically probation (so I can still take classes but if I fuck up again I'm out for good).

Just..fuck my life up.
>>
>>7981288
I failed intro mat sci because it was a weed out class and I was still too cool for doing hw/studying

Also failed band in middle school cuz I suck at turning in hw
>>
>>7982140
Calc I is literally Calc II in reverse. This shit should be easy.
>>
>>7981406
What makes your post hilarious is that what you described happened to my grandad in the 60s in his civil engineering course. He never told me what subject it was, but I'm not sure if he will remember.
>>
>>7982209
His roomate (who gave him the drug) was a pharmacy student, 50 years later and they still are friends
>>
>>7982174
>factoring is multiplication in reverse, factoring should be easy
>>
>>7982173
>intro mat sci
Are you at KU?
>>
>>7982169
How did they catch you? Did you copy it verbatim?
>>
>>7982239
Illinois Tech...like 8 years ago
>>
Got a C- in calc II last semester. Re took it this semester to unfuck my GPA and to reinforce my foundation of integral knowledge
>>
I failed Honors Chem in high school. I'm a Maths major in my junior year now.
>>
I'm the type that passes or fails based on how good the teacher is. :/ Failed one Biology class but got an A in Anatomy and Physiology in another.
>>
>>7981288
Surprisingly large amount of honesty ITT
>>
>>7981288
Almost dropped the ball with fluid mechanics
>>
File: 1433053716497.jpg (31KB, 203x203px) Image search: [Google]
1433053716497.jpg
31KB, 203x203px
>>7981764
>mfw amerifats call me a lazy leech for not moving out during uni
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.