[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is addiction a meme illness? There clearly is something going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: heroin.jpg (89KB, 964x641px) Image search: [Google]
heroin.jpg
89KB, 964x641px
Is addiction a meme illness? There clearly is something going on, because people die over it. Fatties eat themselves to death, pedos are unable to stop themselves from trying to hook up with underage girls online even after being caught, junkies OD and die, etc. It's all the same 'illness', but the fixation of choice differs.
>>
addiction is more often a symptom of an underlying problem rather than an illness in itself
>>
>>7981162
>OP is a pedo and is subtly trying to understand his problem while framing it as an addiction
>>
>>7981191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZK7Zx7s0Vg

rewatching To Catch A Predator and I remembered this guy
>>
>>7981162
What about the problem of our time? Addiction to 4chan memes?
>>
>>7981203
A sizeable portion of the userbase has serious internet addiction for sure.
>>
>>7981204
tfw when tweaked out my mind on something Im heavily addicted to, scrolling through 4chan not even reading anything just staring and scrolling

Feels really bad
>>
>>7981238
>man
>>
>>7981203

Not even memeing, this right here is the silent killer of our generation.
>>
>>7981176
This. But trying to treat each addiction on a case by case basis is far too resource demanding, so treating them more generally is the practice of choice. Far easier to target an industry responsible for producing the addictive substance, then to target each individuals underlying problems that cause them to seek addictive substances.
>>
>>7981203
I realised I was spending too much time on 4chan when I got a lifetime ban and got apprehensive when writing my appeal, because losing 4chan and be losing a significant part of my social contact, which is so sad

The extent to which 4chan played a part in my life was pretty scary desu

If you can relate to this, put time shitposting into useful things like excessive masturbation
>>
Replace "illness" with "a thing that happens".

I just solved all the semantic issues you could ever possibly have.
>>
>>7981162
I don't think that drug addictions can be lumped in with most of the other ones.
The fact that I can hardly move due to muscle sores, cannot leave the bathroom due to constant nausea, or sleep for the first 5 days that I quit a strong opiate would likely be why most junkies are hesitant to quit.
The others seem to be more like mental illnesses than addictions.
Granted, most drug addictions seem to be due to underlying mental illnesses as well. My opiate addictions have always been irresponsible binges because it feels good man, and I can still function, but many other addicts that I knew were clearly incredibly depressed before they started using.
>>
>>7981201
The guy clearly has a mental problem. Our society is somehow more "civilized" then past societies because we keep retards around for our amusement/self-gratification, when in reality it would be more humane to just toss them over the cliff at birth. What a joke.
>>
>>7981349

How do you get a lifetime ban?

I need to leave this place forever
>>
>>7981371
Accidentally reposted cp

You can probably get pictures of a 16 year old girl easily. It would be a lot easier and safer to just stop coming here though
>>
>>7981162
People who scoff at addiction are the same people who are convinced that anaesthesia will have no effect on them when on their way to theatre. The "it will never happen to me because I am tougher than everyone else" effect.
>>
>>7981369
It used to be super easy to keep people like this locked up in mental institutions, but then Reagan shut down all the federal sanitariums and now these dysfunctional human beings are free to roam around the rest of society.
>>
>>7981369
>>7981462
I don't know how people can claim they don't have a serious mental illness that needs to be treated when they're willing to risk going to prison and getting assraped because they want to fuck kids so much.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.