[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking about dimensions of a mathematical space , I wondered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 3d_matrix_cube.gif (59KB, 519x538px) Image search: [Google]
3d_matrix_cube.gif
59KB, 519x538px
Talking about dimensions of a mathematical space , I wondered what does link a n dimension to a n+1 one.
However, I couldn't figure out even how to define a dimension : I thought about using matrice (1,n) and even (n,n) but none of them worked or seems to link from one to another.
Any idea ?
>>
>>7981156
>Any idea ?
Learn English
Learn math
>>
>>7981197
Sorry genius, help me out if it's so simple
>>
>>7981156
>I wondered what does link a n dimension to a n+1 one

a map f so that, for example, (a,b,c,d) --> (a,b,c,d,0)
>>
>>7981216
(a,b,c,d) --> (a,b,c,d,2) maps 4 dimensional space to 5 too, which explains how retarded this question is
>>
Take 1 dimensional space (line). Attach another one dimensional space to it at every point. Congrats, you have a 2 dimensional space. Now attach a one dimensional space to every point of that space, and you have 3. Etc...
>>
>>7981218
>>7981295
>>7981216
Thank you for you answears but I still have no clue how to express one dimension with another.
I mean can't a 2 dimension space be a part of a 3 dimension space ?
I've heard that an n dimension is always 1/4 of a n+1 dimension but I have no clue why and where does it come from
>>
>>7981346
You should study linear algebra
>>
>>7981207
You know so little you don't understand how much you don't know.
>>
>>7981156
take any direction, and any point you can get to by moving that direction some number of units (including negative, so if you pick forward, that's anything forward or backward) gets you a 1-dimensional space

add any perpendicular direction (if you picked "forward" for the first, the second can be left, right, up or down, using familiar 3-dimensional directions), and all the points that you can get to by using those two directions makes a 2-dimensional space

do that again (if "forward" and "right" were used, for example, this would use up or down, using familiar 3-dimensional directions) and you've got a 3-dimensional space

do that again, and you've run out of familiar words to call the directions, but so long as the direction is perpendicular, you have a 4-dimensional space

again and again for however many dimensions you need or want

tl;dr, adding a dimension just adds a perpendicular direction

>>7981352
I'd take this one's advice
it's not really that complicated to learn, but I'm taking it you just don't know where to look
>>
>>7981709
or maybe it is complicated
I have no idea how easy things are for you to learn

it's at most "just out of high school" level though, so if high school math isn't a problem, this shouldn't be
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.