[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Science Jokes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: wLRpWHk.jpg (29KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
wLRpWHk.jpg
29KB, 550x550px
I can't find any actually funny, no-cliche science jokes.

Do any /sci/entists out there have some good original science, math, etc. jokes that don't suck?
>>
>>7979038
Try proofwiki's jokes page, it's confirmed for the most autistic place on the internet. For instance
[math]$\int\frac{1}{\mathrm{cabin}} d\mathrm{cabin}=\ln{\mathrm{cabin}}+C$[/math]
[math]$=\mathrm{houseboat}$[/math]
>>
>>7979061
Shit...How do you do display math on /sci/?
>>
>>7979064

It's easy! Well, not that easy. But it's better now than it used to be.

1) First, whatever LaTeX code you wish to employ, must ultimately be contained in the body of your 4chan post, and correctly formatted, /before/ you hit "post".

2) 4chan, specifically /sci/'s native implementation, entails that you must always enclose the body of your LaTeX code inside "math" tags, which are specific to this board, and not generic LaTeX commands as-such. In front, simply type "math" without the quotes, and then enclosed in the square brackets, for a total of 6 characters. On the end of whatever you're writing, do the exact same with the /single addition/ that you include the forward-slash / in between the left bracket and the letter m. This declares the end of your math code. IIRC "sci" tags have accomplished the same thing in the past here, and maybe they still work, but I haven't tried them in well over a year. Maybe they work too.

3) I don't think the mods or hot pocket men appreciate threads specifically about LaTeX, which can be frustrating for a beginner here. Still, the "stupid questions" threads are tolerated, so they're as good a place as any to sandbox when necessary, just don't be a nuisance with it.

4) in the quick reply floating window, which can be accessed by clicking on a post number in a thread, at top left of the window is a "TeX" symbol which leads to an internal sandbox space where you can work on your thing. It is now (finally) fairly robust; about a year ago when mootikins was still in office, the board outsourced this sandbox function to a third party site, and functional pieces of code I'd write there would not port to this board. Something about math mode, or not having the right libraries/implementation worked up. It's been mostly fixed for now.

5) For maximum legibility once you're confident enough to use large operators, I /strongly/ recommend always declaring /displaystyle right at the beginning. For the rest, search.
>>
>>7979064
Lrn2MathJax
>>
>>7979327
im someone else but interested in it. ill try

math[ ]
y_i = lambda
$\sum_{i=0}^n i^2 = \frac{(n^2+n)(2n+1)}{6}$
math[/m ]
>>
>>7979428
ok what is the mistake in header/footer ?
>>
Why was 7 afraid of 6?
>>
File: sffwf.jpg (68KB, 867x325px) Image search: [Google]
sffwf.jpg
68KB, 867x325px
>>7979432
she is to sinuously for him. which is quite clearly.
>>
File: kracko.png (5KB, 902x105px) Image search: [Google]
kracko.png
5KB, 902x105px
>>7979430

The tags should look like this, ya cracker.

also 4chan's implementation does NOT play well with the syntax of the "$" operator in other TeX spaces, and so it should be suppressed. What is currently in place seems to be me to be "everywhere-math-mode", unless you can coerce other commands.

Also remember to use \displaystyle, /especially as you just attempted code with large operators (sigma, fractions). to illustrate my point about \displaystyle, it's best to see them side by side:

[math] y_i = \lambda \;\;\;\;\; ; \;\;\;\;\; \sum_{i=0}^n i^2 = \frac{(n^2+n)(2n+1)}{6} [/math]

[math] \displaystyle y_i = \lambda \;\;\;\;\; ; \;\;\;\;\; \sum\limits_{i=0}^n i^2 = \frac{(n^2+n)(2n+1)}{6} [/math]

I also included a "\limits" argument in the latter to spruce up the sum and really make it pop, and just hammer my point home about \displaystyle. You can find the code I used by (right)? clicking on the finished lines.
>>
[math] y_i = Lambda_thx [/math]
>>
was meant to be one index. thx
>>
>>7979432
>>
[math] \displaystyle \int e^x=f^u(n) [/math]
>>
>>7979485

Greek letters are commonly denoted again with the \backslash\ in front, a common LaTeX piece of syntax (as it is in Windows systems, for different reasons). I myself had earlier confused the backslash with the forward slash while describing \displaystyle to you.

\pi will produce a lower-case letter as will \alpha , \Pi will produce an upper case letter as will \Alpha , etc. However, oddly "\Alpha" seemed to be fussy when I tried it just now.

[math] \displaystyle \alpha \beta \gamma \delta \epsilon \zeta \eta \theta \iota \kappa \lambda \mu \nu \xi \omicron \pi \rho \sigma \tau \upsilon \phi \chi \psi \omega [/math]
>>
I'm going to have way too much fun with this knowing that I can write math on /sci/.

[math] \displaystyle R_{\mu\nu}-\frac{1}{2}Rg_{\mu\nu}=\frac{8\pi G}{c^4} [/math]

[math] \displaystyle (\partial^{\mu\nu}\partial_{\mu\nu}+m^2)\phi=0 [/math]

[math] \displaystyle H^2=(\frac{\dot{a}}{a})^2=\frac{8\pi G}{c^2}\epsilon-\frac{\kappa c^2}{a^2R_0^2} [/math]
>>
>>7979521
Whoopsie, fucked up the last two

[math] \displaystyle R_{\mu\nu}-\frac{1}{2}Rg_{\mu\nu}=\frac{8\pi G}{c^4}T_{\mu\nu} [/math]
[math] \displaystyle H^2=\left(\frac{\dot{a}}{a}\right)^2=\frac{8\pi G}{c^2}\epsilon-\frac{\kappa c^2}{a^2 R_0^2}[/math]
>>
what do you call a black scientist?
>>
File: bounds.jpg (39KB, 509x242px) Image search: [Google]
bounds.jpg
39KB, 509x242px
>>7979512
thx. i was just fooling around a bit. didnt care for content in detail. this part shouldnt be a prob, as i now found the right click on formulas.

but you made me curious about something.
is picrelated representation (in circle) also possible as part of a fraction in mathjax (eg in numerator)?
>>
Mitogen activated protein kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase kinase 5
>>
>>7979499
The integral of 'e' to the 'x' power is equal the the function of 'n' to the 'u' power? I don't get it.
>>
>>7979038
A 747 was flying along and was full of Polish people. As they were going past some beautiful landmarks, the pilot came over the intercom and instructed all who were interested in seeing the landmark to look out the right side of the plane. Many passengers did so, and the plane promply crashed. Why?
>>
File: ba dum tiss.png (186KB, 1024x882px) Image search: [Google]
ba dum tiss.png
186KB, 1024x882px
>>7979531
Purely hypothetical
>>
>>7979542
kek
>>
>>7979552
i dont know, why
>>
>>7979539

I don't know the technical details about the various implementations, I've just figured out what works here. In general yes, you can get just as abstruse as you want about mixing and composing forms here, and it'll format. The one thing that used to be a problem was any matrix-form larger than 2x2, and this prohibitive diffuculty was owing at the time to 4chan's crude old implementation, which they've since improved. Another anon once claimed that the ability to funpost was being abused so the mods didn't like it or something. meh.

As to your point, let us consider the celebrated Barnett identity, where its base is expressed both in terms of its defining series, and still further in terms of the definition of the factorial, following a change of index. We furthermore observe that the exponent finds expression (and, if one likes, definition) as a particular integral of an elementary function being intimately related to the Pythagorean Theorem, and thus

[math] \displaystyle e^{i \pi } + 1 \;\; = \;\; \Bigg( \sum\limits_{k=1}^{ \infty } \frac{1}{ \prod\limits_{j=1}^{k} j} + 1 \Bigg)^{2i \int\limits_{-1}^{1} \sqrt{1-x^{2}} dx } + 1 = 0 [/math]
>>
>>7979543
sex is fun
>>
>>7979552
>>7979565
Too many poles in the right hand plane
>>
>>7979621
God dammit
>>
>>7979579
nice. i decided to use this from now on as formula editor (as soos as adapted). i was missing this feature in all other editors, flanking limits just suck

jacob barnett must be a tough guy :D
>>
>>7979061
That is quite possibly the worst joke I've ever read
>>
[math] \displaystyle \slashed{D} [/math]
>>
[math] \displaystyle \usepackage{slashed} \slashed{D} [/math]
>>
[math] \displaystyle \not{D} [/math]
>>
>>7979531
Niel deGrasse Tyson
>>
/sci/'s LelTeX is a joke.
>>
> The next day while eating chicken at the restaurant where he'd agreed to meet the Kernel, he realized the Kernel was not as smart as the rumors had implied. While he certainly was rational, the Kernel was uncreatively straight-forward in his thinking about these dimensional curses. Even still, Valdimir thought that if could somehow trick the Kernel to think in a different way, he could help to figure out how to lift the curse. So, through clever wit, Vladimir tricked the Kernel’s linear mindset into a radially biased one, and together, they jumped to new conclusions. Though helpful, however, the Kernel trick was not enough, and the radial bias was not the basis for lifting the spell.

Taken from

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-SVM-work-well-in-practice-even-if-the-reproduced-space-is-very-high-dimensional
>>
>>7979432
It's meant to be the other way around silly
>>
>>7979038
A lawyer, a doctor and a mathematician are discussing whether it's better to be married or have a girlfriend.

The lawyer says it's much better to have a girlfriend, because if you get married, your wife will eventually file for a divorce and take half your shit.

The doctor says it's much better to be married, because your girlfriend might give you all kinds of nasty STDs.

Then the mathematician: "Why not both? This way you can tell your wife you are with your girlfriend, and your girlfriend you are with your wife, when you are actually doing mathematics."
>>
An engineer a physicist and a mathematician were hired by a local farmer to build the best fence for his horses.

The physicist built a circle.

The mathematician put three stics around himself, thus making a triangle, thereby proclaiming "I define myself outside of the fence"

>the engineering was sucking the horses cock
>>
File: 1458964369007.jpg (62KB, 532x502px) Image search: [Google]
1458964369007.jpg
62KB, 532x502px
>>7980674
God fucking dammit anon I laughed at this
>>
>>7980674
you forget my addition:

The next day the farmer came to check on the result.

Some of the horses had escaped from the physicist. Who blamed some dude named Heisenberg and started rambling inherently.

None of the horses were to be found with the mathematician, who remarked that the farmer's complaint was trivial to the real problem and demanded proof the horses were gone.

Now very frustrated the farmer came to see the engineer had more horses then he had left him. Surprised he asked how this could have happened.
To which the engineer asked.
"Seriously, would you run away from a good blow job?"
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.