[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lattice Quantum Chromodynamics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 22nd-century-holodeck-timeline.jpg (142KB, 800x486px) Image search: [Google]
22nd-century-holodeck-timeline.jpg
142KB, 800x486px
Is basically the complete simulation of the universe down to subatomic particles. Right now, individual proton masses can be determined with an error margin of only 1%.

In a 1-200 years, this area of simulation, will likely be the size of a room. Imagine having a complete physical simulation of the universe, the computing power required would likely be that of 10 billion human brains (computer processing power will be a million human brains by 2050).

But it is very much doable. These simulations are real, with atoms and all, controlled and possible to fast forwarded and rewinded.
>>
>>7977620
>In a 1-200 years, this area of simulation, will likely be the size of a room
No... In 145 to 150 years that MIGHT be possible. It certainly won't be possible next year.
>>7977620
>the computing power required would likely be that of 10 billion human brains
Then why can a single human brain compute sensory information for an entire room? In real time, no less?
>>
>>7977620
>fast forward and rewind
I don't think you understand quantum mechanics.
>>
>>7977620
>Is basically the complete simulation of the universe down to subatomic particles.

What? QCD is just the theory of the strong interaction (or color force of you prefer), moreover lattice QCD is just a particular non-perturbative approach to low energy QCD. There's a lot more to the universe than the strong interaction. Whatever pop-sci site you're reading, stop, it's straight up terrible.
>>
>>7977620
neat extrapolation, bruh
>>
>>7977620

But......but....what about Moores Law?

Or did that get relegated to Memeland too?
>>
>>7978858
>Moores law

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will prevent us from running 1km QCD calculations.
>>
>>7977690
thank you for putting up a trip, now I don't have to read your stupid posts to skip them
>>
>>7977846
You can study more than QCD on a lattice, though.
OP should really have said lattice field theory, and then used QCD as an example. I wonder how easy it is to combine lattice QCD computations with regular old continuum perturbation theory on the electoweak side, maybe with some instanton effects thrown in for good measure.
>>
>>7977690
A single human brain can process sensory data and get a pretty accurate picture of the properties of a room. To actually simulate the quantum behavior of all the matter in that room would take substantially more computing power, though I'm not sure how appropriate it is to measure that in human brain power.
>>
>>7978890
>I'm not sure how appropriate it is to measure that
It virtually never is. Simulation arguments tend to lack any notion of irrelevant resolution.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.