[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick test for you. How many lines can be drawn trough point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Parallel.png (18KB, 686x568px) Image search: [Google]
Parallel.png
18KB, 686x568px
Quick test for you.
How many lines can be drawn trough point P so that the lines are parallel with line L?
Domain area in circle
>>
>>7975689
>>
>>7975689
One?
>>
1, do your own homework.
>>
>>7975689
>muh Lobachevsky
>muh Riemann
>>
>>7975695
>>7975697
>>7975698
Wrong
>>7975700
You know they're right and you're wrong
>muh Euklid

Anyway I'm not surprised, /sci/. go back to your kindergarten math
>>
>>7975706
>>7975706
So tell us the answer then you big faggot
>>
>>7975710
if the domain is the area of the circle, and lines are parallel if they don't meet, then you can draw infinite lines parallel to L through P
>>
>>7975771
>the lines are parallel if they dont meet

What
>>
>>7975771

OP confirmed for humongous faggot.
>>
>>7975771
omgsosmart xD~!!!!
>>
>>7975689
this is pretty easy:

An infinite number of 'lines'
The lines do not have to touch the circumference so then I guess they can be of any length, and since there is an infinite number of numbers under a number then it is infinite.

Let's say the diameter is 6 metres

you can draw 5.9,5.8,5.7

in between them numbers also
5.95, 5.85, 5.75

in between them too
eh too tired
>>
>>7975787
But those are all segments on the same line, you cant just say 2 different domains of the same line are different lines
>>
>>7975791
>>7975787
Furthermore the segments have to contain point p. So they'd have to be drawn over one another. and that just makes them even more the same line
>>
>>7975771
>lines are parallel if they don't meet
>>>x
>>
>>7975771
>tells /sci/ to go back to kindergarten math
>uses kindergarten math
>>
If the point is infinitesimal. And the Line MUST pass through it. Only one line can pass without overlapping another.
>>
>>7975851
I'm OP, that guy isn't me.

You don't have to get upset that you didn't know that. Very few lines of work actually use non euclidean geometry
>>
>what are curved lines?
>>
>>7975884
yeah looked into it afterwards and felt like a ponce, still though, isn't there no such thing as parallel line in non euclidean geometry?
>>
>What is Euclid's Fifth Postulate
One, you moron.
>>
>>7975851
>uses kindergarten math
OP's math isn't kindergarten math, it's just a game with semantics. If anyone taught him this nonsense in kindergarten, they should lose their job.

Further, the semantics he's using are just plainly wrong. If he had said "line segments" instead of "lines," there could have been an argument, but then no one would have guessed "one" and he wouldn't have been able to play this incredibly complex joke on all of us.
>>
>>7975910
you're thinking about elliptical geometry. If we were to draw lines on a sphere
>>
>>7975921
i believe op made it pretty clear, that he's not talking about a model of euclidean geometry
>>7975924
well in the op it was stated, that L is a line, even though the picture specifies it as something you would assume to be a line segment.
You just assuming, that op talks about lines with infinite length makes you look pretty retarded
>>
>>7975771
>if the domain is the area of the circle

Maybe you should have specified that the question was meant for a 2 dimensional circular universe

Fucking moron
>>
>>7975982
>circle
>anything but 2d
Back to high school
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.