[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POLYMATHY IRL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: davinci.jpg (147KB, 600x854px) Image search: [Google]
davinci.jpg
147KB, 600x854px
What's the most efficient way to learn multitudes of different, unrelated things?

I want to learn a new maths, languages, to play guitar, to be able to sketch, program a computer, etc.
>>
then do it and stop being a little bitch posting about it on the internet instead
>>
>>7974603
OP here, with some additional info.

Like (I'd hope) most of you I keep pretty busy in the daytime with school and work, but I have around 2 hours of free time in the mornings and evenings.

Would it be best to do an A-B style of pattern, where on day A I study maths and a language, as an example, for an hour each, then the next day do guitar and sketching and repeat?

Just a thought to clarify what I'm asking here.. Trying to figure out how to do this using as little time as possible and maximum retention of what I learned..

Maybe 24 hours is too long, and I should reduce my list of things I want to learn right now (as in only the "A" day), or maybe I could as much as an A-B-C-D split, and learn even more.

Hopefully anons get the jist of what I'm trying to ask here. Any advice to structuring a routine or schedule would be SPLENDID.
>>
>>7974613
It's not that I'm not - it's that I'm going about in an unstructured manner and I think adding a logical structure would be very beneficial.

Sorry I forgot my trigger warnings
>>
>>7974618
>I think adding a logical structure would be very beneficial.
Yeah you're supposed to put trigger warnings on logic that terrible.
>>
>>7974624
>terrible logic
quit being a faggot. I'm asking a very relevant question. Why wouldn't /sci/ be interested in techniques on learning as much as possible?
>>
>>7974603
bump r u SRS guys
>>
>>7974633
>techniques on learning as much as possible
Because learning isn't a science. Unless you're ready to explain how structure advances knowledge, there's nothing anyone can tell you aside from "grind more." If you manage to develop some rapid method of learning lots of different things effectively, be sure to let us know. Also make sure to check your work so you know your method produces consistent results rather than arbitrary heuristics.
>>
>>7974615
It is generally found that you learn things better in terms of overall use when the training is varied (Ie practice fast balls, curve balls and droppers at the same time and not one type only each day) and you learn multiple topics fastest when done together assuming enough time is devoted for each topic (Ie doing five minutes of guitar isn't going to help very much but five minutes of flash cards for learning chemical reactions can make a difference).

In terms of procrastination, it is a natural animal behavior than can be resisted with enough energy but if you can't then approaching training in small increments with small breaks produces the most overall activity in a given time.
>>
>>7974603

If you went to high school,you are a polymath by Renaissance standards
>>
>>7975194
M8, the depth of knowledge that someone in the renesaince had far exceeds your average highschool retard.
>>
>>7974922
I didn't call it a science, retard.

Fucking tripfags. And theres a shitload more to learning than "grinding". Like the poster below yours has expanded on.
>>
>>7974924
This is what I've heard, but I only heard in the context of "block schedule vs regular" in highschool. Basically, 7 shorter periods a day vs 3-4 longer ones.

Thank you for the sound advice
>>
>>7975232
I don't get where the hostility is coming from. Are you here to discuss learning methods or are you here to berate people who don't fill the thread with fluffy sounding but otherwise useless methods? Because it sure seems to me like you're more interested in flaming me than giving feedback to the people you'd consider to be "contributors" here.
>>
File: 1434910792204.png (377KB, 627x379px) Image search: [Google]
1434910792204.png
377KB, 627x379px
What is your reason for doing these things?
Davinci and michaelangelo were similar in that the quality of their work arose from the fact that their efforts were ordered to immaterial ends.
Michaelangelo did not paint or sculpt or design structures as an end in themselves but rather as a means to some kind of perfection in which he saw his own identity.
Not that you guys would understand stuff like that.
>>
>>7975194
Where do you learn this shit lol.
>>
>>7975239
You started it, double digit IQ mongrel
>>
>>7975296
Just wanting to be happy with myself, see the limits of my brain and body, and I think being able to express myself through an artistic medium would be nice
>>
>>7974603
>>7975194
You're only a polymath if you actually contribute shit to multiple fields, not just practicing it.
>>
>>7975783
not by definition tho

>?
>>
File: happy.jpg (105KB, 560x451px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
105KB, 560x451px
>>7974603
>>7974615
Write down all of your goals

Pick one or two to concentrate at a time and devote all your free time to mastering them, then tackle one two more things from your list.

I think where you have only a couple hours each day of free time, 4 different subjects at once would split up your time too much.
>>
>>7975806
so purely anecdotal? Do you have anything to back this up?

I tend to agree, but wonder
>>
>>7974603
just be yourself
>>
>>7975934
I am? Myself wants to learn new things
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.